× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OS 6.9.0 & 6.9.1 - No Longer works with Tivo

Arctanstevo
Aspirant

OS 6.9.0 & 6.9.1 - No Longer works with Tivo

Not exacly sure when it happened, but it appears that with 6.9.0 that I can no longer transfer files from my NAS to my Tivo - it either doesn't who up at all, or nothing is found.

I have tried starting/stopping DNLA - doesn't help.  Other sources see the video folder, just not the Tivo

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 8
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

It's working fine for me on both Roamio and Bolt.  What type of files are you trying to transfer?

Message 2 of 8
Arctanstevo
Aspirant

Just movies - It's worked for years, 

6.9 came out and "New Experience" came out at same time. (Roamio) Hadn't transfered a move in a few months.  Tried, doesn't work.

Hooked up old Series 3 - ReadyNAS doesn't show up.

Looks like I'm back to talking with Tivo about it.  sigh

Message 3 of 8
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Are they TiVo recordings?  Not all video files will show up on the TiVo.  Its video format support is very limited.

I just confirmed again yesterday that my Roamio and Bolt are both working fine, just like they always did.

Message 4 of 8
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

You could also try a ReadyDLNA Rescan, to see if the issue is with the media library database.

Message 5 of 8
Arctanstevo
Aspirant

Thanks for following up.  It has worked flawlessly for years.

It appears to be a Tivo issue with the "New user Experience UI" (Hydra) which I had to take to use the new voice remote 

Still following up with Tivo...

Message 6 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Any update on this?
Message 7 of 8
Arctanstevo
Aspirant

Update - it was a Tivo issue.  If you update to the "New Experience" which is the new UI needed for teh vioce remote, you can no longer transfer files to your Tivo.  "Downgrading" from the new UI fixed the issue

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements