× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PC can't access JBOD drive from ReadyNAS RN2120

shivam1701
Aspirant

PC can't access JBOD drive from ReadyNAS RN2120

I had configured ReadyNAS 2120v2 with single disk WD Red PRO on it . The partition was JBOD , now i have replaced the particular system with 4 NAS Drives and configured RAID on it . 

Meanwhile I was trying to access data from the old one , but when I plug the drive in windows system . It says Disk1 Online with 100% free space but not visible as local drive  . 

Please suggest how to access the data from the old drive . Data is important !

Attached is the image for reference 

Model: RN2120v2|Readynas 2120v2 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: PC can't access JBOD drive from ReadyNAS RN2120

The ReadyNAS runs Linux, and the data volume uses the BTRFS file system.  Windows doesn't support that file system, so it can't read the drives.

The simplest thing to do is power down the RN2120, then remove all the drives (labeling them by slot). After that reinsert the original drive and power up.  The system should boot normally in it's original configuration, and you will be able to copy off your data over the network.  After the data is copied, then power down, and restore the new drives to their original positions.

@shivam1701 wrote:

Data is important !

Just want to add that if data is important it needs to be backed up.  It sounds like it isn't.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

The ReadyNAS runs Linux, and the data volume uses the BTRFS file system.  Windows doesn't support that file system, so it can't read the drives.

The simplest thing to do is power down the RN2120, then remove all the drives (labeling them by slot). After that reinsert the original drive and power up.  The system should boot normally in it's original configuration, and you will be able to copy off your data over the network.  After the data is copied, then power down, and restore the new drives to their original positions.

@shivam1701 wrote:

Data is important !

Just want to add that if data is important it needs to be backed up.  It sounds like it isn't.

Message 2 of 4
shivam1701
Aspirant

Thanks , saved my life ! 

One more thing I would like to ask is that I have given permissions to people for accessing the partticular shares . 

There are some folders which I am not able to access , it says access denied ! but this issue is limited to some folders only . Other folder are getting accessed properly , what can be the solution in this ?

Model: RN2120v2|Readynas 2120v2 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@shivam1701 wrote:

There are some folders which I am not able to access , it says access denied ! but this issue is limited to some folders only . Other folder are getting accessed properly , what can be the solution in this ?

Go into the share settings, and navigate to the file access page.  There's a reset control there that will recursively reset the permissions for all files and subfolders in the share.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements