× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAIDiator-arm 5.3.9 Beta [T5] DO NOT INSTALL unless...

davexyz
Aspirant

RAIDiator-arm 5.3.9 Beta [T5] DO NOT INSTALL unless...

Hi

This firmware recreates the problem with diskspace being unavailable which was corrected by the 5.38 Firmware

I now have my units unable to use 350Gb of Free space and dropping off the network requiring a reboot to delete file.
I know it is "my fault" for installing beta software but what are Netgear playing at. recreating problems that took 9 months to correct

Now have to raise a case again

Checked my logs with 5.38 was able to get to 99Gb freespace before issues arose.

The system actually allows a roll back so I have reinstalled 5.38 but it still will not allow any more space to be utilised. Started a reboot with volume scan. Not expecting much

CONFIRMED

This firmware recreates the issues before firmware 5.3.8 was introduced. Simply reverting back down does NOT cure the issue.

A factory reset ( backup, wipe Data, reinstall) is required to reset the system
Message 1 of 4
Hugga
Aspirant

Re: RAIDiator-arm 5.3.9 Beta [T5] DO NOT INSTALL unless...

Would you be able to outline the symptoms you see or point us to another forum posting on your free space issue? I have this beta and have been using it for a while. I am only using 20% of my available capacity so am nowhere near replicating your problem, but am thinking of downgrading before I trigger it.

Is it just that your NAS is reporting incorrect free space? For example if your NAS is 1Tb in size, do have 1Tb of files and its showing 100Gb free, or you have 0.9Tb files it's failing writes?

Some additional info on your hardware config and client type would also be useful for documenting this problem for future readers.
Message 2 of 4
davexyz
Aspirant

Multiple threads on forum
however this one summarises the issue
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=68342
Message 3 of 4
Hugga
Aspirant

Thanks dave, I will read it with interest. In the meantime I have downgraded "just in case" since the beta didn't fix the reliability of my backups as I hoped it might 🙂 I am sure your word of caution will save many headaches for people. Such a shame regressions like this still happen in this day in age 😞
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements