× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN104 locking up since updating from 6.2.2 to 6.2.3 beta

csmaslin
Guide

RN104 locking up since updating from 6.2.2 to 6.2.3 beta

Hello, everyone.

New to the ReadyNas system upgraded to 6.2.3 for my RN104. I've been having lock up issues since after the update from 6.2.2 which had issues resgistering on the network as a smb device.

sigh...
Message 1 of 5
csmaslin
Guide

same unresponsive issue after 10-12 hrs

I checked the log and there is no indication that the system is locked up running anything. However, Link lights are all flashing, but no response to pings. Tried the other port, no luck.

It's too bad we can't see what the linux kernal was doing before we pull the plug.
Message 2 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which beta are you running? We are up to Beta 10 at the moment.

Can you send me your logs (see the link in my sig)?
Message 3 of 5
csmaslin
Guide

Sent the email with log attached.

Version 6.2.3 T1773 was what I found and updated to.
However, I've reverted back to 6.2.2 for stability at the moment.
Message 4 of 5
csmaslin
Guide

Back to 6.2.3 T1773 and the system has not frozen for 24hrs. However a couple of new issues:
1. the smtp mailer reports failure even though it is successful, ultimately I get two email
a. one of the success
b. one of the failure

2. The Anti-Virus admin page hangs and displays the raidial buttons and check boxes, but none of the print or updates occur. I've removed and reinstalled it to no avail. I've uploaded a fresh debian package from the website, but it failed to install correctly.

I'm currenlty running with the nas gui installation, indicating that it is installed, but I can't tell if it's running, nor can I change any of the usual admin paramaters after an install.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements