× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN314 Will Not Boot after mistaken update to 6.10.0

JGulliver
Follower

RN314 Will Not Boot after mistaken update to 6.10.0

Long story but I ended up installing Firmware 6.10.0 by error.  System was 6.9.4 Hotfix 1.  Firmware was installed manually via the web interface.  Told to reboot and the NAS did not reboot but instead shut down.  Now when I power it up I get "NETGEAR Storage Welcome_".  It never goes beyong this point.  Since I cannot go back to a working firmware, what are my options?

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN314 Will Not Boot after mistaken update to 6.10.0

You could contact paid support via my.netgear.com.

If the system will boot into tech support mode, you could wait and see if one of the mods ( @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V ) offer to take a look.

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @JGulliver,

Do you have any USB drives connected to your RN314?  If yes, kindly disconnect all USB drives from your RN314 and check if the same problem will occur. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 3 of 5
charniel
Aspirant

web page suggested to update, and after update the system is down.  I can ping it, but no web or ssh access.  Please assist

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@charniel wrote:

web page suggested to update, and after update the system is down.  I can ping it, but no web or ssh access.  Please assist

Probably best if you start your own thread (otherwise it can get confusing).  What does your front panel say?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements