× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ready NAS 102 6.50 3TB USB not found

PE_admin
Aspirant

Ready NAS 102 6.50 3TB USB not found

the 6.50 firmware is another firmware that fails basic functions. I cannot get the Seagate 3TB USB to be autodetected on the back top or back bottom without rebooting the unit. So I am going to roll it back to 6.25 again like I did when 6.40 failed a bunch of issues. If anyone wants to know how to roll it back is find ReadyNASOS-6.4.0-T112-arm and manual install this firmware and then manual install ReadyNASOS-6.2.5-arm firmware.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 14
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PE_admin,

Did you properly eject the external USB hard drive before you unplug and plug it back in on your ReadyNAS? Also, did you check if the device logged an information about your external USB device being detected under System -> Logs?

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 14
PE_admin
Aspirant

The system logs showed nothing and yes I have auto eject device when the job is done under backups.

Message 3 of 14
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PE_admin,

Can you share us the model # of the external drive that you've tested? Also, do you have other external USB 3.0 hard drives  that you can try?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 14
PE_admin
Aspirant

I have many of the 3TB Seagate hard drives and they all the same model and the readynas finds them as St3000DM001

Message 5 of 14
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PE_admin,

Are you using an enclosure? Do you have a portable one that doesn't use an external PSU?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 14
PE_admin
Aspirant

The backup hard drives I use are Seagate backup plus 3TB with Seagate factory enclosures. I could get exact model number next week. These are the only drives available to my clients and I already downgraded the firmware. The unit I upgraded with is a production unit but I use the 102 units in a very basic feature for server backups. Factory unit, destroy raid, create Raid 0, create 1 SMB share and change permissions for 1 service account, configure network IPv4 address, create backup job with button, create alerts.

Message 7 of 14
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PE_admin,

Thanks for updating the thread. Kindly post the exact model# of these hard drives so we can further investigate the problem that you've experienced. You can also send us the device logs so we can have a look at it.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The device logs zip file has several logs in it. Whilst you may not have found anything in them that's helpful we may well.

I wouldn't try downgrading back from 6.5.0 to older releases. That's not supported and some customers that have tried to go back to 6.2.x have bricked their devices.

Message 9 of 14
PE_admin
Aspirant

I have sent an email with the log file and pictures of the hard drives being used. Subject of the email is Ready NAS 102 6.50 3TB USB not found Attn: mdgm

Message 10 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Your logs seem to indicate that one USB disk is connected and showing up fine.

Message 11 of 14
PE_admin
Aspirant

Well I finally put in a trouble ticket with support after testing 6.60 and that never resolved the issue and support says they have found the issue.

Hi Steve, Good day! I just got an update from our engineering team, it appears that this is a timing issue. A firmware will be released to address this. We don't have an ETA at the moment, I will let you know as soon as I have more information. Sincerely, Renna Netgear Support Expert

Message 12 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There is beta firmware: ReadyNASOS 6.6.1-T207 (Beta 2), but we have further improvements coming.

Message 13 of 14
chokobanana
Guide

I posted a question yesterday with a similar problem - my RN102 is unable to detect external 3TB drive formatted as GPT. See here

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements