× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 316 Volume is not showing after updating Firmware 6.4.1 #26283553

tusharkadiya
Follower

ReadyNAS 316 Volume is not showing after updating Firmware 6.4.1 #26283553

Hi Myself Tushar

Public ReadyNAS OS 6.x Beta

After upgrading firmware from 6.3.0 to 6.4.1 Latest Volume are not able to seem, Data showing Zero

ReadyNAS 316 Volume is disapper. all Six HDD showing with Red Color, asking for the format. Volume need to be creted kind of pop up messages occured. I am not able to access my Data folders which are there on NAS. DATA is also shown as Zero.

Please help me to resolve this issue and let me know what to do.

Tushar

Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 316 Volume is not showing after updating Firmware 6.4.1 #26283553

Please don't post your phone number on the community. I have removed it from your post.

I see you have contacted support. You have a few options here:

1. Do a factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything) and restore your data from backup.
2. Purchase data recovery. Note a data recovery attempt may be unsuccessful in which case you will need to restore your data from backup (if you have one).

Any attempt to recover your data yourself may make it more difficult for a professional attempt and reduce the chances of success.

We have an article on ReadyNAS OS 6: Firmware Upgrade Guide and Tips. In that it is advised that you should update your backup before updating the firmware. In most cases firmware updates will go smoothly, but in rare cases (typically due to problems already present) that you may/may not be aware of they may not. We have some suggestions in the article about things you should check before doing an update.

There are other reasons why you should have a backup. Things like multiple disk failures, fire, flood, theft etc. can all lead to loss of data. See Preventing Catastrophic Data Loss

Welcome to the Community!

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements