× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 6.10.1 - No more Gmail?!

givememynamebak
Luminary

ReadyNAS 6.10.1 - No more Gmail?!

Hey guys,  I received this email from Google today.  Is a fix coming to resolve by July 15th 2019?  I assume you probably are already aware and are familiar with the details: 

Although you don’t need to do anything, we wanted to let you know that the following apps may no longer be able to access some data in your Google Account, including your Gmail content. If these apps are unable to meet the deadline to comply with our updated data policy requirements, they'll lose access to your Account starting July 15th, 2019.

ReadyNAS Email Notification

We are making this change as part of ongoing efforts to make sure your data is protected and private.

You can always view, manage and remove apps you’ve given access to your account by visiting your Google Account.

Thanks,
The Google Accounts team

Model: RN628X|ReadyNAS 628X - Ultimate Performance Business Data Storage - 8-Bay
Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: ReadyNAS 6.10.1 - No more Gmail?!

Thanks for letting know, @givememynamebak. I'm using the email notification via gmail, too, but have not been alerted by the "The Google Accounts team" about this so far. However, with 3 weeks notice Netgear should be able to react appropriately or at least inform the community about this issue giving their point of view.

Kind regards

Message 2 of 4
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

We know this, we will support it in the next release.Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

You can try the updated authentication for Gmail on the newer ReadyNAS version (6.10.2):
https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta/ReadyNASOS-6-10-2-T49-Beta-1/m-p/1792843#M10659

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements