× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 6.3.5 RC2 Feedback

mangrove
Apprentice

When will it be possible to deselect "power" and "ups" notifications in the UI? There are checkboxes but they are deactivated and checked.

Message 51 of 65
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@mangrove wrote:

When will it be possible to deselect "power" and "ups" notifications in the UI? There are checkboxes but they are deactivated and checked.

Some things should not be unchecked. Those checkboxes are there for informative purposes only.

Message 52 of 65
mangrove
Apprentice

1) It's not up to you to decide for me.

2) I am very much uninterested in messages about the system booting up or shutting down. Why would I want to get mails about that? I already know it. Unscheduled shutdown/power cut, OK, that's interesting. Normal bootup/shutdown, that's just spamming nonsense.

Message 53 of 65
didbox
Tutor

At the moment, OS 6.2.4 is running on my ReadyNAS Pro 6. Works fine excepted that I encountered the backup issue (user interface issue when creating a backup job to a USB device) and I noticed that the bug was corrected in version 6.5.3 RC2.

Is it advised to upgrade to 6.5.3 RC2 to fix this backup issue?

Message 54 of 65
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@didbox wrote:

At the moment, OS 6.2.4 is running on my ReadyNAS Pro 6. Works fine excepted that I encountered the backup issue (user interface issue when creating a backup job to a USB device) and I noticed that the bug was corrected in version 6.5.3 RC2.

Is it advised to upgrade to 6.5.3 RC2 to fix this backup issue?

If you don't wish to use siigna's workaround: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Backing-up-to-your-ReadyNAS/Can-t-create-backup-job-involving-USB-d...

Or if you'd like to give the beta a try for other reasons, sure.

You can downgrade back to 6.2.4 if you want.

Message 55 of 65
walshlink
Luminary

I have been running 6.3.5 RC2 on my ReadyNas Pro 6 for several weeks without issue.

Message 56 of 65
didbox
Tutor

Have updated my Pro6 with 6.3.5 RC2 and all seems to be OK.

Thank you for your answers.

Message 57 of 65
Sliquid
Tutor

My ReadyNAS 104 keeps locking up when I use FTP to transfer files. After the first 5-10 files depending on size of course it will lockup and require a hard reboot in order to resume normal function. I transfer my weekly backups to my NAS because it is faster to create them locally and then transfer them than it is to just have them created directly on the NAS. Any reason as to why it would lock up like that? I was assuming it was the RC causing it because I never had the issue before. Any input on this?
Message 58 of 65
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

6.3.5 RC2 is early access for the 104. Can you see if you still have the issue on 6.2.5?: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29498/~/readynas-os-version-6.2.5-(-rn102-%26-rn104-on...

Message 59 of 65
tadgy
Star

Not sure if this has been seen by the Netgear team, but I believe I found a denial of service issue with Avahi in ReadyNASOS6 - it certainly exists in 6.3.5RC2.

Please see my post here (which relates to AirPrint and my efforts to get it working on the NAS, but includes details of the denial of service):

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Community-Add-ons/AirPrint-and-ReadyNASOS6/m-p/969073#U969073

In short; if an add-on (or package installed via apt-get) includes an Avahi .service file with a <subtype> directive, Avahi will crash and stop advertising services to the local network.

Message 60 of 65
garyd9
Virtuoso

Is 6.3.5RC2 still the "current" beta for x64 machines?  The reason for asking is that the thread is marked as being "OLD" ("*OLD* ReadyNASOS 6.3.5-RC2 *OLD*")

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta-Release/OLD-ReadyNASOS-6-3-5-RC2-OLD/td-p/935168/jump...

Message 61 of 65
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There is a production 6.3.5 release for the 200 series.

Message 62 of 65
garyd9
Virtuoso

@mdgm wrote:

I'm sorry, Mdgm, but is that supposed to be an answer to my question?  If so, I don't understand.  My question was "Is 6.3.5RC2 still the "current" beta for x64 machines?", and then I went on to explain why I had the question to begin with.

Would it help if I was specific as to which x64 machine?  If so, the 516.

Message 63 of 65
StephenB
Guru

@garyd9 wrote:

@mdgm wrote:

I'm sorry, Mdgm, but is that supposed to be an answer to my question?  If so, I don't understand.  My question was "Is 6.3.5RC2 still the "current" beta for x64 machines?", and then I went on to explain why I had the question to begin with.

Would it help if I was specific as to which x64 machine?  If so, the 516.

The answer to your question is "yes".  mdgm explained why the beta thread is marked as old.  

Message 64 of 65
IcyK
Tutor

On both an Ultra 2 and an Ultra 4 running 6.3.5 RC2, I noticed the system load seems to be permanently 'off' with 1, so 1.1 / 1.1 / 1.1 with the system indicating to be busy for 0.2 - 2.5 %.

On another Ultra 2, running 4.2.27, the sysload is 0.1 / 0.1 / 0.1 with the same busy percentage.

Of course both sysload and busyness change when I put the systems to work.

It doesn't seem to effect performance though, it just seems a bit odd.

I'm displaying both sysload and busy on an external display (photoframe using lcd4linux), so it's not an incidental observation.

Message 65 of 65
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements