× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Beta software

walshlink
Luminary

ReadyNAS Beta software

There hasn’t been a beta version of ReadyNAS software for almost 6 months. Is development dead?
Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@walshlink wrote:
There hasn’t been a beta version of ReadyNAS software for almost 6 months. Is development dead?

I imagine that the coronavirus is having a big impact on the whole organization.  Though that is speculation on my part.

Message 2 of 8
sharmy
Apprentice

Was wondering the same thing myself...

Model: RN626X|ReadyNAS 626X – 6 Bays with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 3 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

Just a general observation, no underground knowlege here.  But the more extensive the change, the longer it usually takes before it's even ready for Beta.  Maybe the next version bumps the Linux distro version?

Message 4 of 8
gn00347026
Guide

hope readynas is not EOL....
Message 5 of 8
profeta64
Luminary

I saw that all the ARM series of the ReadyNAS is already EOL...

So this means only the Intel versions will most probably suported... Smiley Frustrated

I have to understand what to do with my RN214 Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@profeta64 wrote:

I saw that all the ARM series of the ReadyNAS is already EOL...

So this means only the Intel versions will most probably suported...

It is true that the RN21x is the only desktop ARM unit that is still shipping, but I think your conclusion is suspect. The RN10x series simply didn't have enough memory.  I'm not sure why they released the RN20x, as the RN21x replaced it about 10 months after it was introduced.

Personally I think Netgear will need to keep an entry-level platform in their mix. At the moment the ARM platforms do have a cost advantage over the least expensive Intel platforms - and until that changes I think Netgear will keep at least one ARM platform at the low-end of the line.

Message 7 of 8
profeta64
Luminary

You are right.. I scrolled through the list too fast! Only the RN214D43 is eol.. Not the RN21400 🙂
https://www.netgear.com/images/aboutus/warranty/SMB_External_EOL_List_0331-2019.pdf

However the lack of software compatible, in comparison to the Intel series.. Is quite annoying :s
But, we do have plex optimizer for the processor 😄
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements