× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS OS 6.8.0 on Legacy ReadyNas Pro - CPU Fan 0 RPM error

Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

OS6 should handle the CPU fan regardless of the exact CPU model or the service action. I haven't seen it cause an issue before.

Message 26 of 33
dhl
Luminary
Luminary

@Skywalker wrote:

OS6 should handle the CPU fan regardless of the exact CPU model or the service action. I haven't seen it cause an issue before.

Okay, good to know. The volume is about 10-minutes away from finishing resync so I'll reboot after it finishes and will send logs if it still has the error. Thanks!

Message 27 of 33
dhl
Luminary
Luminary

@Skywalker - did a full restart and it's still giving the error. Logs emailed. Let me know if you need any more info or need to take a peek in diagnostic mode. Thanks for your help!

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP6000|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 28 of 33
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Ah yes, it's coming back to me now.  Your earlier suspicion was correct.  The service action is reason for this.

You can install this little app in the Apps tab using the Upload button, which will override the fan configuration to support your system.  You'll need to reboot after installing, but after that it should bring down your fan speed to normal, and get rid of the alert messages.

Message 29 of 33
dhl
Luminary
Luminary

Great news, thanks!

We're in the middile of restoring from the backup NAS and at the rate it's going, it'll probably take another day or so. Once we're fully restored, I'll apply the apply the app and let you know how it goes.

@Skywalker wrote:

Ah yes, it's coming back to me now.  Your earlier suspicion was correct.  The service action is reason for this.

You can install this little app in the Apps tab using the Upload button, which will override the fan configuration to support your system.  You'll need to reboot after installing, but after that it should bring down your fan speed to normal, and get rid of the alert messages.

Message 30 of 33
dhl
Luminary
Luminary

The app did the trick! System healthy and fan speeds back to normal:

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 3.31.22 PM.png

Thanks @Skywalker for your help! 🙂

Message 31 of 33
aztazt
Guide

The link seems to bo down, is there any chance that somebody can send the app to me please ?

I'm looking for "pro6-service-action_1.0_amd64.deb"

Thank you.

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP6310|ReadyNAS Pro 6
Message 32 of 33
dhl
Luminary
Luminary

The URL was accidently mispelled. Here's the correct link:

https://www.readynas.com/contributed/skywalker/pro6-service-action_1.0_amd64.deb

Message 33 of 33
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements