× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS PRO 6 stuck at powering off (OS 6.10.0)

Singularity
Tutor

ReadyNAS PRO 6 stuck at powering off (OS 6.10.0)

I have a ReadyNAS Pro 6 with Firmware 6.10.0

The system won't shut down from the UI or from the actual ReadyNAS

The only way I can get it to switch off is by unplugging the mains lead.

Thanks

Model: RNDP6620D|ReadyNAS Pro 6 12TB (6 x 2TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS PRO 6 stuck at powering off (OS 6.10.0)

Capture the log zip file, and send a link in a private message to @JohnCM_S or perhaps @Hopchen and ask them to analyze them.  Don't post the links publicly.

You might also want to enable ssh, as it might give you more clues on what is going on. 

Message 2 of 5
Sunglow_wu
NETGEAR Expert

You can also send the log zip file to me, I'll help you analyze the issue.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 5
Singularity
Tutor

I have just uploaded and installed OS 6.10.2 and the problem has been cured.

ONe other problem that I have is

I have a ReadyNas Pro 6 with OS 6.10.2

I am using Qbittorrent and downloading files to one of my shared folders which is data/Plex/Qbittorent - Plex is the name of the actual share. I can move the files from data/Plex/Qbittorent to data/Plex without problem but when I try to move the file to data/Plex/Movies I get the following error message:-

The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “Awake.mp4” can’t be read or written. (Error code -36)

However if a create a new folder say data/Plex/temp I can move the files to that folder.

Is there a command or something I need to do to move these files to my Movies folder.

Note that I am using an apple iMac.

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Singularity wrote:
  • I can move the files from data/Plex/Qbittorent to data/Plex without problem
  • if I create a new folder say data/Plex/temp I can move the files to that folder.
  • when I try to move the file to data/Plex/Movies I get the following error message:

I re-organized your symptoms, in part to make sure I understand.  You can't move to Movies, but you can move to the share root (Plex), and you can move to other folders in the share.

That sounds like it could be a file permissions problem.  Try going to the share settings for plex, and navigate to the file access tab.  Then click on the RESET control. That will recursively reset file permissions in the background.  You'll see a notification when it finishes (and it will also be logged).

If that doesn't cure it, then I'd download the full log zip file, and look in system.log and kernel.log for errors around the time of the move that fails.  Look specifically for btrfs or disk-related errors.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements