× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNASOS 6.4.0-T140 (Beta 5) - RN102 - Network Shares Continue to Randomly Disconnect

BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNASOS 6.4.0-T140 (Beta 5) - RN102 - Network Shares Continue to Randomly Disconnect

Hi chrhei,

I've replied to your PM. Please check your inbox for further instructions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 26 of 40
chrhei
Luminary

O.K. I think I found a solution (at least for me) here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta-Release/Issues-since-6-4-0-upgrade-on-RN10400/td-p/99...

Just disabled IPv6 at my NAS and now SMB file transfers work like before 6.4.0. Disadvantage: No IPv6 which I use in my private LAN 😞

Regards, ....

Edit: I was to quick, just download from NAS works, upload to NAS still bad! Sorry.

Message 27 of 40
chrhei
Luminary

Tried everything:

enable/disable IPv6

enable/disable DLNA

enable/disable SMB

tweaked with SMB Plus

Latest firmware now: 6.41-T29

FTP/AFP and NFS are working reliable with large files (UPLOAD to NAS)

SMB doesn't!!!

Message 28 of 40
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello chrhei,

It may be best if you contact support center and take advantage of the grace support of the unit you have. This may need L3 escalation.

Regards,

Message 29 of 40
chrhei
Luminary

New online case (#26012507) has been created.

Message 30 of 40
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello chrhei,

I checked your profile and found no registered product, please make sure to register the SN of your NAS too. You must have opened a Presales support case.

Regards,

Message 31 of 40
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello chrhei,

Can you try ReadyNASOS 6.4.1-T29 (Beta 2)?

Improvements and bug fixes

1. Fix various rsync backup issues.
  2. Fix false error reports from FTP backups.
  3. Fix USB devices losing their names when updating from 6.2.x.
  4. Fix eSATA port on RN104.
  5. Fix issue where all SMB connections would be disconnected when making share access changes to any share.
  6. Change I/O handling to hopefully work better with SMR / Archive drives.
  7. Fix backup log emails sending the previous job's output.
  8. Fix SMB access issues on shares restriced to the default "users" group.
  9. Fix Bit Rot Protection alert messaging mechanism.
  10. Fix potential network buffer overrun with heavy traffic on RN102/104/2120.
  11. Fix long I/O stalls after snapshot deletion on systems with lots of data and many snapshots. (btrfs-cleaner)

Regards,

Message 32 of 40
chrhei
Luminary

Running already latest beta.

"We have created a new case (# 26013377) for your request and assigned it to our support team."

Now from the account with registration information. THX.

Message 33 of 40
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi chrhei,

Keep this thread updated for news and fix you will get from our support team.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 34 of 40
chrhei
Luminary

Today I've got a reply from the Netgear Support. The bad SMB behavior is known to the engineers and they are working on it. Their recommendation for backup jobs is to limit the files size <=100MB. When a new firmware will be released is unknown yet. Regards, ...

Mdgm edit: The information given by the agent was incorrect and this issue is not known. We will work with chrhei closely to get a root cause.

Message 35 of 40
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi chrhei,

Thanks for the update. Have you tried what they've had suggested?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 36 of 40
chrhei
Luminary

That there are problems with SMB and files >=100MB was already reportet in message 5. But what is a file size of <=100MB today?

Message 37 of 40
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi chrhei,

If you will create a test backup on a folder with less than 100MB in size, will the backup job complete?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 38 of 40
chrhei
Luminary

To be honest I haven't scheduled any automated backup jobs. What I can say is that copying files <= 100MB to the NAS (upload) is always successful, but files >=100 will fail most of the time.

Message 39 of 40
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi chrhei,

Thanks for responding. We will further test this and see if we can reproduce the same behavior.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 40 of 40
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 39 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements