Re: ReadyNASOS 6.4.0-T140 (Beta 5)
ReadyNASOS 6.4.0-T147 (Beta 6) (OLD)
Latest beta: ReadyNASOS 6.4.0-T147 (Beta 6)
To install: Click on appropriate link above for your system to download firmware image.
Then upload that image from the management UI's System->Settings->Update->Install Firmware section.
1. Share quota support. You can now set a size limit on a share.
* Note that the size limit will be enforced but not displayed from connected clients.
2. Added ReadyCloud shareable web links that can be copied and pasted.
3. Added the ability to share a folder through ReadyCloud using a web link, without the need for the invited person to create an account.
4. Added contextual help documentation in local admin GUI.
5. Added global snapshot space consumption metrics in the local admin GUI Shares page.
6. Added user account SSH key management in the local admin GUI.
Improvements and bug fixes
1. Updated the Linux Kernel which includes BTRFS, iSCSI and NFS enhancements.
2. Numerous bug fixes, performance improvements, and security enhancements.
- [Beta 3] Fix potential system hang while writing data over SMB to ARM models.
- [Beta 3] Fix system crash during shutdown when the filesystem was busy.
- [Beta 3] Fix system crash during shutdown while the system was doing a quota scan.
- [Beta 3] Fix issue where the data volume mount process may time out, resulting in an inactive volume in the GUI.
- [Beta 3] Enable all system RAM in RN2120.
- [Beta 3] Fix RAID6 memory leak on RN20x.
- [Beta 3] Fix share and snapshot usage display while a quota scan is in progress.
- [Beta 3] Fix poweron sequence using the power button on RN2120 when WoL is enabled.
- [Beta 4] Fix USB3 device detection on RN204 front port.
- [Beta 4] Fix disk status LED handling on some models.
- [Beta 4] Improve snapshot consumption display.
- [Beta 4] Various ReadyCLOUD fixes.
- [Beta 5] Fix btrfs delayed allocation warning.
- [Beta 5] Fix processes being killed by background volume operations.
- [Beta 6] Fix network connection instability with multiple concurrent connections on RN102 / RN104 / RN2120.
- [Beta 6] Fix some fan out-of-spec warnings on RN20x.
- [Beta 6] Fix file permission issues on NTFS-formatted USB drives.
- [Beta 6] Fix extremely long mount times, or even mount failures while a RAID sync is in progress.
- Devices updated with 6.4.0 BETA firmware cannot be downgraded to earlier versions of the firmware.
- ReadyNAS 102, 104, and 2120 must not be updated directly from 6.3.0 - 6.3.4 to 6.4.0. They must first be update to either 6.2.x or 6.3.5.
To use ReadyCLOUD remote access, you must perform the following steps:
Step 1 (Before firmware update): In the local admin UI, go to the Cloud tab and click on the Settings button for the ReadyCLOUD section. If the dialog shows your ReadyCLOUD username and a "Leave" button, click "Leave". If the dialog shows empty username and password fields with a "Join" button, you can proceed to Step 2.
Step 2 (After firmware update): Create a new account on readycloud-test2.netgear.com. Then go back to the admin UI Cloud tab and click on the Settings button in the ReadyCLOUD section. Now enter the username and password to join the NAS with this account. You may re-use the same account you had used previously for ReadyCLOUD.
That's it. You should now be able to navigate your NAS contents on readycloud-test2.netgear.com.
- In rare cases, the network interfaces on RN202/204 may not function on reboot. In this situation you must do a full power down.