× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNASOS 6.5.0 Beta: ReadyCLOUD usage

euphos
Aspirant

ReadyNASOS 6.5.0 Beta: ReadyCLOUD usage

I have 2 NeadyNAS units I was planning to switch over to the BETA 6.5.0 firmware due to the planned update to the ReadyCLOUD app which I use quite a bit for access away from home.  I also have a Netgear R7000, R7500 and EX7000 on the same network.  I have not seen any questions posted or firmware updated needed for routers attached to ReadyCLOUD.  I believe naybe they're not effected by the change, since they seem to only require a Username and password for ReadyCloud to be able to join to it and then be able to access.

Can anyone confirm this one way ot the other?  I don't want to switch my NAS units over just yet if I'll loose access to my USB devices attached to my R7000/R7500 routers/AP's.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Re: ReadyNASOS 6.5.0 Beta: ReadyCLOUD usage

• Nighthawk devices won't receive an explicit firmware to work with MyNETGEAR because they already work with MyNETGEAR SSO.
  • When ReadyCLOUD beta server hits production, you do not need to log out of ReadyCLOUD on your Nighthawk and re-login with your MyNETGEAR SSO. 
  • When we upgrade ReadyCLOUD production servers to require MyNETGEAR SSO, any existing ReadyCLOUD user will need to upgrade their ReadyCLOUD account to a MyNETGEAR account as highlighted from the beta, but you do not need to leave ReadyCLOUD before upgrading ReadyNAS devices from 6.4.2 to 6.5.0 production.
  • Any invited users will need to upgrade their account, too, to continue accessing a shared device.  
  • If a ReadyCLOUD owner does not upgrade their ReadyCLOUD account to MyNETGEAR and upgrade to 6.5.0, then upgraded ReadyCLOUD invitees will show the shared device as offline. 
  • If you're not home when we release 6.5.0 and upgrade ReadyCLOUD servers to production, the ReadyCLOUD portal will help you upgrade your ReadyNAS to 6.5.0 remotely after upgrading your ReadyCLOUD ID to MyNETGEAR SSO. 

My recommendation would be to wait until 6.5.0 launches within the next few weeks and then...

1) Upgrade your ReadyNAS devices to 6.5.0

2) Upgrade your ReadyCLOUD account to MyNETGEAR via readycloud.netgear.com

3) Upgrade your mobile apps and desktop clients to the latest versions

4) Enjoy ReadyNAS OS 6.5.0 and continuing enjoying ReadyCLOUD. 

Another tidbit for anyone who is reading, if you have problems getting the 6.5.0 update automatically when we release 6.5.0 and you have a static IP configured, check your ReadyNAS's network adapter's DNS server and ensure it is populated and correct and try getting the update again.  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

I believe your other devices will use the production ReadyCloud, but the NAS will use the beta ReadyCloud.  

Since the apps can't access both, that means you'll lose ReadyCloud access for the routers if you switch.  Of course that only affects over-the-internet access, local LAN functionality isn't affected.

Message 2 of 3
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

• Nighthawk devices won't receive an explicit firmware to work with MyNETGEAR because they already work with MyNETGEAR SSO.
  • When ReadyCLOUD beta server hits production, you do not need to log out of ReadyCLOUD on your Nighthawk and re-login with your MyNETGEAR SSO. 
  • When we upgrade ReadyCLOUD production servers to require MyNETGEAR SSO, any existing ReadyCLOUD user will need to upgrade their ReadyCLOUD account to a MyNETGEAR account as highlighted from the beta, but you do not need to leave ReadyCLOUD before upgrading ReadyNAS devices from 6.4.2 to 6.5.0 production.
  • Any invited users will need to upgrade their account, too, to continue accessing a shared device.  
  • If a ReadyCLOUD owner does not upgrade their ReadyCLOUD account to MyNETGEAR and upgrade to 6.5.0, then upgraded ReadyCLOUD invitees will show the shared device as offline. 
  • If you're not home when we release 6.5.0 and upgrade ReadyCLOUD servers to production, the ReadyCLOUD portal will help you upgrade your ReadyNAS to 6.5.0 remotely after upgrading your ReadyCLOUD ID to MyNETGEAR SSO. 

My recommendation would be to wait until 6.5.0 launches within the next few weeks and then...

1) Upgrade your ReadyNAS devices to 6.5.0

2) Upgrade your ReadyCLOUD account to MyNETGEAR via readycloud.netgear.com

3) Upgrade your mobile apps and desktop clients to the latest versions

4) Enjoy ReadyNAS OS 6.5.0 and continuing enjoying ReadyCLOUD. 

Another tidbit for anyone who is reading, if you have problems getting the 6.5.0 update automatically when we release 6.5.0 and you have a static IP configured, check your ReadyNAS's network adapter's DNS server and ensure it is populated and correct and try getting the update again.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements