× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNASOS 6.6.1-T207 (Beta 2) UPS communication loss after running for a few days

Winnebago1
Tutor

ReadyNASOS 6.6.1-T207 (Beta 2) UPS communication loss after running for a few days

Been running ReadyNASOS 6.6.1-T207 (Beta 2) since about a day after release.  Stability is good and have no issues save for one. 

After the NAS has been up and running a couple of days, it loses communication with my UPS constantly.  It has happened twice.  Both times it starts emailing me over and over that it acquires comms then loses them.  Happens a couple of times per hour without pattern.  I got 39 messages since 2am this morning.  A reboot temporarily fixes the issue for the next couple of days then it happens again.

I'd say this is very similar to TOMA1's post below on 6.6.0 UPS issues.  It's just with a newer firmware so I thought I'd open a new post to track with the different firmware.  I, too, am using a Cyberpower UPS.

I'm running a RN314 with external enclosure.  Temps are well within norms.

Hope this helps, Netgear! 

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNASOS 6.6.1-T207 (Beta 2) UPS communication loss after running for a few days

Winnebago1, the next build will have some further changes related to UPS monitoring. It would be great if you could try that once that's available.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11

All Replies
martinhj
Apprentice

I have had repeated UPS comms errors that plagued me for some time after an upgrade a long time ago. I have two RN104. One is connected to an APC UPS and the second uses the first RN104 to communicate with. All are connected via switches etc on the UPS. I was getting the communication failed emails from the slave NAS followed seconds later by a comms OK email.

Everything worked fine but a little while ago I had a complete strip down of my home network and rationalisaion of cabling replaceing two 8 port Netgear Gigabit switches with a single 16 port Netgear Gigabit switch.

Nothing actually changed config wise on any devices just the switches and wiring. Since doing so my UPS errors have gone away completely so, either I had a dodgy cable or there was some timing issue in the software that was a little too sensitive maybe? I have no idea what the issue was as the only difference may have been some cable routing meaning the comms was going via two switches but its gone so I am happy 🙂

Martin

Model: RN10421D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 2 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Winnebago1, the next build will have some further changes related to UPS monitoring. It would be great if you could try that once that's available.

Message 3 of 11
Winnebago1
Tutor

Roger that, MDGM!  I will apply as soon as it comes out.  Thanks for the heads-up!

Message 4 of 11
Winnebago1
Tutor

Updating now, TOMA1 and MDGM.  Let's see what happens, shall we?

Message 5 of 11
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Winnebago1,

I am responding to keep the thread active as well. Please update us. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Message 6 of 11
Winnebago1
Tutor

FramerV,

So far, so good.  I'm waiting a couple more days before calling it good.  It usually takes 2-3 days for the issue to manifest.

Thanks!!

Message 7 of 11
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Winnebago1,

Thanks. I will keep the thread up until then.

Regards,

Message 8 of 11
Winnebago1
Tutor

Still looking good.  Been running without any flaws for 3 days now.  I'm marking the reply from MDGM as the solution.  I think we can call it good at this point but if anything goes awry I will open another thread.

Thanks, all!

Message 9 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

6.6.1 Beta 4 is now available with some further changes

Message 10 of 11
Winnebago1
Tutor

Everything was still running good.  I went ahead and updated to Beta 4.  I'll let you know if anything gives me trouble.

Thanks for letting me know, MDGM!!

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements