× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Ultra 2 OS6 newes firmware

tytuseek
Follower

ReadyNas Ultra 2 OS6 newes firmware

Hi!

I have ReadyNAS Ultra2 on OS6 v. 6.9.2 firmware and I wander if is it possible and worth of try to update to 6.10.3 (I'm getting notification on each loggin with question about that new version). Did anyone tried that with success? 

Model: RNDU2000|ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 2
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyNas Ultra 2 OS6 newes firmware

I am aware of no issues that don't also effect current NAS models.  I recommend you go to at least 6.9.5, as it is more stable than it's predecessors.  The changes in 6.9.6 are minimal and directed at specific issues, so you may or may not need that.  I have personally not updated any NAS, legacy or current (except on "sandbox" nas I "play with"), to 6.10.x because I have seen too many issues with it here and do not see a need for any of it's enhancements.   Whether or not you do is a personal choice.  If you still only have 1GB of RAM, you may want to avoid 6.10.x.  I have seen one report of issues that arose and were fixed by a memory upgrade.

I have my NAS "Check for updates" setting set to "long term support" so I don't get nagged about 6.10.x.  But I do now get nagged about 6.9.6, so I'll probably upgrade to that.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements