× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SMB problem with OS6

Dewdman42
Virtuoso

SMB problem with OS6

When Mac is mounted to SMB share from Readynas OS6, and mac book is hibernated by closing the lid, then on return, the SMB mount is in a broken state.  It disspaers from the desktop, and is not accessible.  it also can't be remounted again until first executing

diskutil unmount force /Volumes/<sharename>

In contrast, I have another SMB share that is mounted to a shared folder on another mac computer and when I close the lid on my macbook and open it again, that SMB share is still there, still alive, and functioning.  

The one from readynas has to be manually force unmounted and remounted again, every time.

Note, I was not having this issue prior with Readynas 4.x, the problem is new with OS6.

Have been using OSX Mavericks for quite some time.  it worked fine with 4.x on the readynas...but this problem and the other AFP problem I have reported is new with OS6.  I'm quite happy with OS6 overall and don't want to go back to 4.x...but these two AFP and SMB problems are a pain.

Model: ReadyNASRNDP200U|ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Plus Chassis only
Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SMB problem with OS6

We can't reproduce this as yet.

Do you have multiple wireless networks at this location?

Message 2 of 6
Dewdman42
Virtuoso

I can see my neighbors wifi, but only using mine.  Later today I will try some tests to see if the problem ocurrs when I close the lid on the macbook while connected to wired ethernet and wifi turned off.

Message 3 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Dewdman42,

This is noted. Kindly update this thread once done testing.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Dewdman42, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

Message 5 of 6
Dewdman42
Virtuoso

It's not resolved. After the long weekend I will try the test we discussed.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements