× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: T6 problems - CIFS

ajwh
Aspirant

T6 problems - CIFS

Upgraded to T6, and I've had to go back to T2...

First problem was with retrospect backup which had a problem finding the backup files.

Then an issue with some software I was beta-testing (can't be more specific in public). It's a stable beta, but suddenly had issues -the file open dialogue showed my NAS shares as not being available, when they were - and clicking on the icon opened the share.
Then on exiting, the software crashed. this didn't happen with files not on the NAS.
Didn't happen with previous public version of the software.
Went back to T2 - no issues.

Win7pro 64; CIFS on ReadyNASV+ XRAID 4x2GB
Message 1 of 5
Grievous
Aspirant

Unfortunately there isn't much we can do with this report.

You say the new beta software works fine with files not on the NAS, but not with the NAS using T-6.

The public version of the software works fine using the NAS with T-6?(at least this is how I'm reading your post)

If that's the case, then the issue might be with that beta software(especially if it's causing an application crash) but if we can't test it on our end and see what's going on, there's nothing we can do about it. Have you contacted the developers of that other application to see what they have to say?
Message 2 of 5
ajwh
Aspirant

Ok the beta-test software is fixed (by them).
However I still have a problem with T6 and Retrospect professional 7.7.620.
It gets as far as building a snapshot, then falls over when it tries to read the backup folder on the ReadyNas V+
T2 has no issues.
This is reproducible!
Message 3 of 5
RSherman90
Apprentice

Also have a problem with CIFS and 2 applications that connect to Access based databases that are on the NV+.
This is primarily a remote NV+ (at home) that does a nightly Rsync backup of a NVX at work over a VPN.
I upgraded to T6 and didn't see a problem for over a week. But other than retrieving files, playing music, and storing photos, I don't use it much. But then I did some testing on our main accounting system program where the application is on my Home PC, but the database is located on the NV+. I couldn't open the program without the following three errors:

Error trapped MAIN SUB: 3343 Unrecognized database format
'P:PSMdata.mdb'
This is possibly a netork error

Error trapped MAIN SUB: 91 Object variable or With block
variable not set
This is possibly a netork error

Run-time error '3343'
Unrecognized database format 'P:PSMdata.mdb'

I played with this for a week thinking it was something I did on the PC, but couldn't get it to work, Moving the database to the local PC's drive solved the problem. So I was pretty sure it had something to do with the NV+, my home network, or my Firewall settings.

Then I tried to use our mail processing program (Satori Bulk Mailer) which is on the PC, but has a config file located on the NV+. While the program opened and worked fine, upon closing the program, I believe it corrupted the configuration file. Subsequent attempts to reopen the program failed with the error "Unrecognized database format". Copying a backup configuration file over the now corrupt one fixed the problem until the program was again closed. Then the program again failed to open with the error "Unrecognized database format". Struggled with this for 2 days until it dawned on me that it might be T6 causing the problem.

Reverting to 4.1.8 fixed all the problems and all programs now work as expected.
There is something amiss with T6. I never tried T2.
Message 4 of 5
matthew1471
Guide

RSherman90 wrote:
Error trapped MAIN SUB: 3343 Unrecognized database format
Run-time error '3343'
Unrecognized database format 'P:PSMdata.mdb'
upon closing the program, I believe it corrupted the configuration file. Subsequent attempts to reopen the program failed with the error "Unrecognized database format". Copying a backup configuration file over the now corrupt one fixed the problem until the program was again closed. Then the program again failed to open with the error "Unrecognized database format". Struggled with this for 2 days until it dawned on me that it might be T6 causing the problem.

Please also see http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=62275
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements