× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to change network using GUI on ReadyNASPro-6-BE after update to 6.4.0

menkelis
Tutor

Unable to change network using GUI on ReadyNASPro-6-BE after update to 6.4.0

Trying to change "bond" mode, GUI puts the 'settings' icon in 'links' section.

What does happen is I get a 'core' dump.

I have logs and the core dump but don't know how to upload them here.

My RadyNASUltra-4-Plus works just fine with OS 6.4.0

displaying Networking screen correctly, and the GUI works

to change bond mode.

Message 1 of 4
menkelis
Tutor

Re: Unable to change network using GUI on ReadyNASPro-6-BE after update to 6.4.0

I rebooted the ReadyNAS-PRO, and now the correct frontview screen for Networking

is there, with correct mode for 'bond0'.

Strange as I had rebooted once before and still had problem.

Well I will keep the logs/core dump for a while in case this warrents

any more checking.

Message 2 of 4
ifixidevices
Luminary

I've had lots of issues since switching to 6.4.0 on an ultra 6 and pro 6 since upgrading to 6.4.0

I had a lot of problems with the beta versions so I knew I should have stayed away from the official release. I honestly think it killed two 8TB drives because they each had over 300+ hours on 6.3.5RC2 and worked fine (I transfered almost 8TB's of data to them) and then I was transferring from them after upgrading to 6.4.0 and then one will not get recognized any longer and the other had bad sectors, ATA errors, End to end errors... stuff I've never seen drives error out with. So those drives are ruined (at $400+ the cost of sending them into seagate to get them replaced.)

Meanwhile I have another rig running 6.4.0 (the pro 6) and so far it's faired better but it is very buggy, randomly drops network, randomly does a lot of weird things. I get it we're doing beta stuff but this was a release, not a beta. Netgear knows a ton of us use legacy hardware with 6.0 on them, it'd be nice to get a heads up from them if it's no longer going to work or something along those lines before it ruins a lot of people's days / few days.)

My advice would be to back up what you have and go back down to 6.2.4 as that seemed very stable and worked well.

To give you an idea of how screwed up my readynas box is using 6.4.0 (the pro 6)... I just lost connectivity to the admin, my mac shares over smb lost connectivity, I'm transferring via FTP over one ethernet port via wan but via the other ethernet port over lan I have no connectivity.

It's absolutely all over the place. Worst part is I can't just downgrade, I have to backup, factory reset, lower my firmware to beta 112 and then switch down to 6.2.4. Fun waste of time.

Message 3 of 4
walshlink
Luminary

Model: ReadyNAS Pro 6 (RNDP6000-200)
Upgraded CPU: Intel Xeon X3230
Memory: 4 GB
HDD: 4x Hitachi 2TB
Upgraded System Fan: Noctua NF-P12 PWM - 120mm
Upgraded CPU Fan: Noctua NF-R8 PWM - 80mm

CPU temp sit around 48C idle and shown in performance tab.

I have not seen any issues other than SMB shares accessed from OSX (El Capitan, 10.11.1) disconnecting after long periods of time.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements