× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wake On LAN

Zonker
Apprentice

Wake On LAN

I installed the app on iOS successfully and added both of my Netgear NAS.  I like that you put a Shutdown button in the app, but would also like to see a WOL when you select the NAS (could add a confirmation so you don't start the NAS inadvertently ).

Z

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Wake On LAN

Thanks for the feature request for WoL in Insight. We've added it to our list and will see what we can do to accomodate. Thanks for trying Insight.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Zonker wrote:

but would also like to see a WOL when you select the NAS (could add a confirmation so you don't start the NAS inadvertently ).

That also requires that the app not use RAIDar style discover to generate the list of NAS when you start the app.

Message 2 of 5
Zonker
Apprentice

Yes but once your NAS is discovered, the MAC address can be stored in the app and then a WOL command can be generated for that MAC address when launching the app in the future.

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Zonker wrote:

Yes but once your NAS is discovered, the MAC address can be stored in the app and then a WOL command can be generated for that MAC address when launching the app in the future.

I'd rather see a way to manually enter the NAS name/IP address w/o discovery.  In my early Insight testing, discovery failed (it never worked over OpenVPN), even though the NAS was healthy and reachable.  The app was useless when that happened.

Message 4 of 5
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Thanks for the feature request for WoL in Insight. We've added it to our list and will see what we can do to accomodate. Thanks for trying Insight.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements