× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: how long does it take the firmware upgrade procedure?

savek
Star

how long does it take the firmware upgrade procedure?

Hi, 

I have ReadyNas 204 and I am far away from the NAS it self and wanted to install the 6.5.0 firmware version via the admin interface .. I am just not sure how long does it take , it is already going for 40 mins... is this normal ? 

Sorry for the dummy question ! 

Thanks

Model: ReadyNAS Photos II|
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
savek
Star

Problem is solved. Sent someone to my house to check it and it looked like the NAS couldnt get an IP address after rebooting. Disconnecting the RJ-45 and connected back solved the issue. NAS is back online but could that be a bug in 6.5.0 or it was just with my unit? There is nothing in the logs as far as I could see... just it couldnt get an IP ...

the NAS drive is configured with static IPv4 address and the IPv6 is disabled. if that helps. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
cpu8088
Virtuoso

download the firmware and do a manual upgrade

download time about 2-3 minutes and the manual upgrade process should be less than 3 min including reboot

Message 2 of 7
savek
Star

not sure if I understood you right but I thought that is what I did already? I downloaded the firmware , did a VPN to my network , went to the admin page , upload the firmware manualy and been asked for reboot confirmation ....confirmation was given but the ReadyNas is not coming up ...I am getting - Destination host unreachable - when I ping my NAS.... so thats why I wondered how log it usually takes ...maybe now its hanging for smoe manual confirmation on the machine ? not sure....

Message 3 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which firmware did you update from?

Message 4 of 7
savek
Star

latest one ? 6.4.2 I guess was it. ....device is still offline btw

Message 5 of 7
savek
Star

Problem is solved. Sent someone to my house to check it and it looked like the NAS couldnt get an IP address after rebooting. Disconnecting the RJ-45 and connected back solved the issue. NAS is back online but could that be a bug in 6.5.0 or it was just with my unit? There is nothing in the logs as far as I could see... just it couldnt get an IP ...

the NAS drive is configured with static IPv4 address and the IPv6 is disabled. if that helps. 

Message 6 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements