Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Account conflict when adding ReadyCLOUD account to NAS

stolog
Follower

Account conflict when adding ReadyCLOUD account to NAS

Since the last firmware update I did I'm been having problems using one of my local account. Forums pointed toward possible issues of having a local computer account, and ReadyCLOUD account using the same name.

I had an Local machine account of "Tom" and a ReadyCLOUD account as "Tom@xyz.com"

I created a new ReadyCLOUD account using "Bob@xyz.com" unlinked my ReadyNAS from the cloud account, created a "Tom" account on the local ReadyNAS and reconnected using "Bob@xyz.com".

When I do this the ReadyNAS Gives me a warning "Local account [Tom] was renamed to [Tom123] due to the conflect with added ReadyCLOUD user [Tom]."

Since there appears to be no way for a user to delete an account I merged my original "Bob@xyz.com" account into the new "Tom@xyz.com" but I'm still getting the same error message.

Any suggestions? Is there a way to purge the old account form the system?

System Firmware version is 6.9.3

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Account conflict when adding ReadyCLOUD account to NAS

You should be migrated old ReadyCLOUD account "Tom" to MyNETGEAR account "Bob@xyz.com" in ReadyCLOUD portal,ReadyOS has an account mapper configuration in /etc/frontview/samba/usermap.conf,this file is for fixing samba access issue when user uses ReadyCLOUD account to access NAS share.

if you insist to create local user "Tom" without renaming after registering ReadyCLOUD,you should register a new MyNETGEAR account.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements