Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Admin on ReadyNAS 524X

Marctellevik
Aspirant

Admin on ReadyNAS 524X

I need to set up a new user as an admin with rights to send cloud shares in ReadyNAS.

I was set up with that enabled on my login but I cannot figure out how to give that ability to another user.

The person who set this up is no longer with the company.

TIA

Marc T

Model: RN524X|ReadyNAS 524X – Premium Performance Data Storage - 4-Bay
Message 1 of 3
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Admin on ReadyNAS 524X

Hi Marctellevik,

Welcome to the Community!

You can only have one admin account for the ReadyCLOUD service. That is the account that you use in joining the ReadyNAS to ReadyCLOUD.

If you wish to change the account that will have the admin rights. You can do that by logging in to NAS local admin page, which can be done by typing https://<ReadyNAS IP address>, where <ReadyNAS IP address> is the IP address of the ReadyNAS. After logging in, you can go to the Cloud tab, then click the Leave button on ReadyCLOUD (Note: Leaving the NAS from ReadyCLOUD will also remove the permissions configured on the ReadyCLOUD portal). You can now join again the NAS to ReadyCLOUD using the account that you wish to have admin rights.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
Marctellevik
Aspirant

Re: Admin on ReadyNAS 524X

• I may have not stated what I needed clearly. I am admin on the ReadyNAS, I am able to share folders on the drive via email to others outside the building. I need to give the rights to someone else to be able do the same thing.
Model: RN524X|ReadyNAS 524X – Premium Performance Data Storage - 4-Bay
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements