Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Android ReadyCloud stuck at 'Refreshing...

Mothman1
Tutor

Android ReadyCloud stuck at 'Refreshing...

Trying to access my two NASs via the Android app.

Two issues:

1) The app sees both NASs, but names them as NAS2 and NAS3 - can this be changed?

2) When I select a NAS, the app stalls at 'Refeshing..'

Any ideas?

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series,RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Android ReadyCloud stuck at 'Refreshing...

Hi @Mothman1!

Do your NAS run on 6.9.1? Have you checked if both fields have green marks?

Also, you can add Google public DNS (8.8.8.8) to the network settings under DNS as this may help in connecting to the NAS.

As for the naming you can change the hostname on the Admin page. See Changing Hostname

Hope this can be helpful!

Regards

Message 2 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Mothman1

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 8
Mothman1
Tutor

I was running 6.9.0 on both NASs.

The problem was the 'Services Available' had a cross next to it. I didn't try and resolve that, I just updated to 6.9.1, which seems to have cured the problem (just tested remotely, works as expected).

Cheers,

DC

Message 4 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Mothman1

That's good to hear updating the NAS got it resolved.

Thank you for sharing your resolution and/or workaround. We appreciate your contribution to the community. You can mark your reply as "Accept as Solution" so others can benefit from your solution.

Feel free to post any suggestions, questions, recommendations or anything about your NAS that you think needs attention or will help others.

Regards

Message 5 of 8
Mothman1
Tutor

Actually I still one of the problems - the device names in the Android app do not match the Host Names I have assigned in the web interfaces for each Nas.

Any clues?

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series,RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 6 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Mothman1

Have you tried setting up the DNS address? You can add Google public DNS (8.8.8.8) to the network settings under DNS as this may help in connecting to the NAS.

I have tried with my Android app and I am getting my NAS hostname. Also, have you tried reinstalling the App?

Regards

Message 7 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Mothman1

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements