Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Any files modified by ReadyCloud user become locked

matthewmalk248
Aspirant

Any files modified by ReadyCloud user become locked

I finally thought ReadyCloud was ready for primetime after the 6.2 update so I set up a new share to test it, but ran in to a problem very quickly. Hoping someone can shed some light?

-Share folder "Test"
-Network Access set to "Everyone" for SMB
-File Access Set to Read/Write on two users, User1 and User2
-ReadyCloud user "clouduser@myco.com"

I can access the folder "Test" over the lan by logging into User1 user and password. I can create files, modify, delete, no problems.

If I log into readycloud remotely on my other computer using "Clouduser@myco.com", I can access the Test share and all of the test files I created with the LAN desktop under "User1".
BUT
if I happen to modify any of those files or create any new ones via ReadyCloud, those files are now no longer accessible by the LAN computer (User1).
I've tried resetting permissions which allow me to access/edit the files again, but they get locked right back up once edited by the ReadyCloud computer.

Can anyone help on this?

Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Any files modified by ReadyCloud user become locked

Are both users in the same group?
Message 2 of 6
matthewmalk248
Aspirant

Im not quite sure how to check that for a ReadyCloud user. I have my two readycloud users and I've looked in their settings and can't seem to find where to put them into the group. When I click the "Groups" tab under "accounts", it lists the local users, but not any ReadyCloud users, and when I goto the "Cloud Users" tab, it lists my ReadyCloud account, but theirs no editable settings, I only have the option to "Disable"
Message 3 of 6
matthewmalk248
Aspirant

Still having this issue, anyone out there? 😞
Message 4 of 6
Andrey1
Aspirant

matthewmalk248 wrote:

if I happen to modify any of those files or create any new ones via ReadyCloud

How you has modified this files? Did you use ReadyCLOUD Client for this?
Message 5 of 6
matthewmalk248
Aspirant

Sorry i didnt see the reply, i modifed files using the new readycloud sync from 6.2
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements