Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can not login to admin page after firmware 6.5 update and Netgear account upgrade

Can not login to admin page after firmware 6.5 update and Netgear account upgrade

Thanks to the "upgrade" I was forced to get a new account with netgear and now I can no longer access the admin page of my NAS, despite resetting the password several times.  Anyone else having this issue and know a work around?

Model: RN20221D|ReadyNAS202
Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can not login to admin page after firmware 6.5 update and Netgear account upgrade

Message 9 of 15

All Replies
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Can not login to admin page after firmware 6.5 update and Netgear account upgrade

What about the default admin/password? 
If you logged in via "admin" then your password should not have changed.

if you logged in via your ReadyCLOUD account, then you can try logging into the UI using your NETGEAR account credentials.

Message 2 of 15

I've tried previous passwords/logins and default login, no change.

Message 3 of 15
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You can reset the local admin password by doing an OS Re-install. Have you tried that?

Message 4 of 15
webZplus
Star

Thank goodness I'm not the only one having issues... I can no longer connect remotely via the ReadyCloud app on my laptop OR my ipad, I also can't connect via a browser... thank goodness I was able to copy all the files I need to my OneDrive account !

Message 5 of 15
Potsfarm
Aspirant

I'm about to throw all my netgear crap out and find an alternative supplier, since the forced update cant access anything and getting assistance from netgear appears to be impossible

Message 6 of 15

Seriously. It completely deafeats the purpose of having a NAS if they're going to pull crap like this. 

Message 7 of 15
Leia
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What account you used to login admin UI page? The "admin" or the ReadyCloud user(you entered in admin UI, Cloud page ReadyCloud panel)?

If you used "admin", and you cannot login with your password, you can reset the local admin password by doing an OS Re-install.

If you used ReadyCloud user to login admin page, since you already upgrade your old ReadyCloud user to MyNetgear account, you should use the MyNetgear account and password to login now.

Message 8 of 15
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Message 9 of 15

This worked. Thank you! I Still they had a forced update, but it's on the road to being back to how it's supposed to be.

Message 10 of 15
webZplus
Star

@warriorseries wrote:

This worked. Thank you! I Still they had a forced update, but it's on the road to being back to how it's supposed to be.

I can't remember when the ReadyCloud ever worked how it was supposed to...

Message 11 of 15
loke1976
Aspirant

I have not been able to connect to the admin page since 6.5 on my 314. The browser never connects, its not a password issue, i can not even reach the point were you are supposed to write the password. I can connect to all my files on the network with no problem but the qbittorrent app is very unstable. I have tried rebooting, clearing browser etc...

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100
Message 12 of 15

I had to reinstall the OS on the NAS. All data was wiped and I had to start from scratch. most features are back up now, but still pretty ticked at NETGEAR for the forced upgrade when clearly they hadn't tested it very well

Message 13 of 15
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@warriorseries wrote:

I had to reinstall the OS on the NAS. All data was wiped and I had to start from scratch. most features are back up now, but still pretty ticked at NETGEAR for the forced upgrade when clearly they hadn't tested it very well

An OS Re-install doesn't touch the data. A factory default wipes all data, settings, everything. Sounds like you chose the wrong boot menu option. A factory default should only be attempted after exhausting all other options. You could have reached out to support before trying that.

Message 14 of 15

I apologize, I didn't not proof read my post. The OS reinstall was successful in the sense that I was able to access the NAS admin page once again, however I did end up doing a factory reset in order to get ready cloud to work once again. And yes I did exaughst all other options. Still having serious issues with readycloud, but at least I can access admin to help try to solve those issues

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements