Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't discover my ReadyNAS-104

Geoff-S
Aspirant

Can't discover my ReadyNAS-104

I can't discover this device on ReadyCloud.  I did have it set up at one time, and it stopped show up, so I removed it from ReadyCloud so I could try re-adding it.  It is on firmware 6.5.1 and shows up just fine on my network and can be found with the RAIDar tool and through the admin page of the NAS itself.  It reports itself as healthy.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cannot current access this device remotely through ReadyCloud.

Thanks!

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't discover my ReadyNAS-104

If internet connectivity is working you should have seen that update.

If you set a static I.P. address check that the DNS server addresses are specified correctly.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please update to 6.5.2 and send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

Is the NAS showing up in RAIDar and in the web admin UI with the correct 13 digit Serial Number that is printed on a label of the unit?

If you are trying to join it to ReadyCLOUD are you remembering to use your MyNETGEAR account?

Message 2 of 9
Geoff-S
Aspirant

Hi.... I don't see 6.5.2 on the firmware download page linked in your footer.. just 6.5.1, and when I click on Check for updates on the admin page, it doesn't do anything.  Do you have a direct link?

Yes the NAS shows up in both RAIDar and the web ui with the correct serial number. 

I am a member of ReadyCloud and was able to access this NAS previously.

Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Geoff-S wrote:

Do you have a direct link?

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31116/~/readynas-os-version-6.5.2?cid=wmt_netgear_orga...

You might also double-check that the ReadyNAS has internet connectivity.  For instance if alerts are configured you could send a test message.

Message 4 of 9
Geoff-S
Aspirant

I will download and apply.  The NAS has connectivity as I'm connected to it as a shared drive over my internal network.  If there's something else you'd like me to check insofar as internet connectivity is concerned, please let me know and walk me through what you'd like tried.  I don't have any alerts set up.

Message 5 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If internet connectivity is working you should have seen that update.

If you set a static I.P. address check that the DNS server addresses are specified correctly.

Message 6 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Geoff-S wrote:

The NAS has connectivity as I'm connected to it as a shared drive over my internal network. 

That's not the same as being able to access the internet.  So start with mdgm's advice.

BTW I strongly recommend setting up email alerts.

Message 7 of 9
Geoff-S
Aspirant

Sorry I wasn't being beligerant with my reply... the IP addresses are static... there are no DNS entries for either NIC, so I've set them to what my ipconfig shows for my PC... the router's address of 10.0.1.1, and successfully sent a test alert email.  Logging back in to ReadyCloud, my NAS appears without even asking for a discovery.  Thanks guys for the fast replies!

Message 8 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Geoff-S wrote:

Thanks guys for the fast replies!

I'm glad you are up and running.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo