Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't download "public" files from ReadyCloud

mrvincent
Aspirant

Can't download "public" files from ReadyCloud

Since 6.5.1 update, when my clients try to download files in my shared folders (via URL created by "Create Web Link" button), it will only upload somes bytes then says that the download is complete...

All files downloaded are < 1KB...

I did rollback to 6.5.0, now it works.

So how to get it working with 6.5.1 ??

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 58

Accepted Solutions
mrvincent
Aspirant

Re: Can't download "public" files from ReadyCloud

6.6.0 Also solved my issue.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 58 of 58

All Replies
Bourbonbill
Aspirant

I was able to get this working again.  After migrating my account to mynetgear I was having the same problem.  I could not use my remote desktop app to access my ReadyNAS drive.

I had to uninstall ReadyCLOUD from the program manager.  Then went to the readcloud.netgear.com web portal.  Signed in with email and password.  My ReadyNAS loaded, then on the bottom left, clicked on "Get the ReadyCloud App".

Everything working fine now.  I did have one hickup.  When I clicked on the the ReadyCloud icon in the system tray nothing happend.  Then it disapeared but came back shortly.  I think Windows 10 was refreashing or resetting the system tray.  I should have rebooted after unistalling.  But working fine now.

Message 2 of 58
mrvincent
Aspirant

This is not related to my issue... I don't have the ReadyCloud app on my PC...

Message 3 of 58
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mrvincent,

I suppose you've done this via ReadyCLOUD web portal. In some cases, using other web browser/s or browser mode would help.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 58
mrvincent
Aspirant

Nah, wasnt working with my phone, my comp, and my clients comps...

Message 5 of 58
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mrvincent,

It seems odd since it works after downgrading the Firmware to 6.5.0. It's  better if you guys will report this to our support team via phone and chat support.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 58
jacuerro
Aspirant

Same here regardles of firmware vesion.

I can for example open jpg online via preview,

but when I click download, it downloads only couple of bytes...

BTW.

Tried different browsers on different computers with different OSes.

Message 7 of 58
mrvincent
Aspirant

Special... Mine did this on 6.5.1, then rollbacked to 6.5.0, then was fine... So reinstalle 6.5.1, started back to DL few bytes then stop, rollbacked to 6.5.0 again, and it's fine...

I'm sure it's about 6.5.1 updates related...

Message 8 of 58
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mrvincent,

Let me try this on my end and get back to you as soon as I've tested it.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 9 of 58
mrvincent
Aspirant

Thanks!

Message 10 of 58
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mrvincent,

This works fine on my end. I tried it on a .png file (50kb/100kb) and a .exe file (5mb).

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 58
jacuerro
Aspirant

Well, it doesn't work for me.

But it doesn't work only when accessing from outside of my LAN.

When I try to download a 800MB file while being somewhere else (not connected to my LAN),

then it downloads only ~270K.

It works while I am connected to my LAN. I connect through http://readycloud.netgear.com

but it redirects to local ip while I want to download anything.

Maybe there is something wrong with ready cloud trying to connect to my device from internet.

But again, I can browse, I can view pictures using web... I only can't download files.

Message 12 of 58
mrvincent
Aspirant

Yeah, exactly same beheviour here!!!!!!!!

Netgear should do better testing before releasing bugs...

Message 13 of 58
gpaolo
Luminary

Hi,

same issue here.

Accessing ReadyCloud from a PC on the same LAN of the NAS, everything works fine.

If a access from another PC outside the LAN, every time I download something I get a 1k file containing some xml code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<request moniker="/root/devices" method="upload" code="1">
<body type="download">
<guid>[lot of hex numbers]</guid>
<value><![CDATA[/data/Gianpaolo/Alhambra/02_informacion_curso_alhambra.pdf]]></value>
</body>
</request>

I have tried chrome and IE, always the same result from two different network connections.

It is not working even sharing a link (it was working two or three months ago because I had been sharing some files in that way).

This happens with OS 6.5.1, the only think worth to mention is that I had problems in accessing the NAS through ReadyCloud because it was displayed as offline even if it was fully connected and the Cloud page on NAS OS was indicating internet and service access. I had to disconnect the account on the NAS, remove the NAS on ReadyCloud and reconnect it. Discovery was not working and I am not completely sure how I got it recognized at the end...

Thanks for any support!

Message 14 of 58
gpaolo
Luminary

I would like to add the results of a test I involuntarily did today.

I think it was not supposed to be working, but today I have connected to the NAS OS admin page from work just by connecting to my home IP (I have redirection active for port 80 to the NAS because I am hosting a website on the NAS).

From there, I went to the shares page and started browsing the content of one of the drive and in that way the download was working properly.

So, it looks like it is not a problem for the NAS to send something "outside" the LAN, but how it handles the requests from readycloud.

Message 15 of 58
mrvincent
Aspirant

It's only if you login on readycloud, share a folder by URL, then clic that URL to download files....

Message 16 of 58
gpaolo
Luminary

No, in my case is also if I browse the NAS from Readycloud and I try to download something directly from there.

Message 17 of 58
jacuerro
Aspirant

It's definitely something with the way how ReadyCloud talks with NAS.

Or rather how it points your NAS to your browser while trying to download files from remomte network.

I agree that this is not NAS itself, as I am able to download files while in same network as NAS.

Is anyone from Netgear reading our posts?

Message 18 of 58
jacuerro
Aspirant

I've tried to download file from created web link using elinks (cli browser with JavaScript suppor).

It tries to download the file but there is an error that there is something missing:

Message 19 of 58
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gpaolo, mrvincent & jacuerro,

Could you guys tell us if this happens when the file/s are being downloaded on the ReadyCLOUD web portal? Also, were you able to try to generate the said web download links using the web portal,  iOS or Android apps?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 20 of 58
gpaolo
Luminary

Hi BrianL, 

yes, in my case this happens trying to download any file both directly from ReadyCloud portal and using a web download link.

I have tested it with Chrome and IE and the result is the same.

The only configuration where it works is when I am connected to the web portal from a PC on the same network of the NAS. 

Thanks, regards,

Gian Paolo

Message 21 of 58
jacuerro
Aspirant

Exactly same here.

Message 22 of 58
gpaolo
Luminary

I would like to add that a few months ago it was working fine, and I had already migrated to ReadyCloud. I think it stopped working when I applied the latest update on the OS.

Message 23 of 58
jacuerro
Aspirant

It wasn't working for me.

Last update didn't change anything.

If that would be the case of update, then it won't work on LAN too (my understanding).

Message 24 of 58
gpaolo
Luminary

Weel, I cannot be sure, but it is possible the the problem is the communication between the NAS and the RC server.

I mean, I can download from the NAS if I connect to it through the admin interface even if I am on an external network and I browse the shares from the OS interface. 

Probably, the NAS is smart enough to detect if the request through RC is coming from the same network, then the link in established directly bypassing the RC server, or from outside the network, and then it tries to route the request through the RC server.

Probably at some point the server request is unproperly handled by the NAS (or the other way around). I am pretty sure that it was working when a few months ago because I sent some web link to other people to share a couple of files and they had been downloaded, and I applied the latest update only one month ago.

Message 25 of 58
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 57 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements