Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't log in to ReadyCloud - need to delete cloud user.

nglshmn
Tutor

Can't log in to ReadyCloud - need to delete cloud user.

I have a ReadyNAS 314 that has, in the past, been connected to ReadyCLOUD. After some difficulties with it, and having to wipe volumes etc I am left with a username in the cloud users tab, but the NAS no longer connects to ReadyCLOUD, with a 'local user with the same name already exists' error.

I cannot delete the cloud user (as I can't get it to log in to ReadyCLOUD to do so). Can't see why they didn't give you a local delete option. Just sayin'....

I can't delete the cloud user's Home Directory unless I delete the user.

I can't create a new user of the same name (to then delete and hope it deletes the Home Directory with it), as it says user already exists.

I can't get into ReadyCLOUD, and round in circles I go......

Any ideas? Could I SSH in and do it? Plenty of Winows experience but a bit of a N00b in Linux, so I'd need to know where the user exists and what to delete.

Help!!!

Thanks In advance.

Tim

ReadyNAS314 with 4x8Tb, NASOS 6.9.4 Hotfix 1

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Can't log in to ReadyCloud - need to delete cloud user.

Hello

It seems you have not unregistered ReadyCLOUD completely last time,so you will not be able to register the same account to ReadyCLOUD because the account is still saved in /etc/passwd

There is an easy way to delete ReadyCLOUD account information completely in ReadyOS

The steps as follow:

Register a new MyNETGEAR account in http://readycloud.netgear.com

Use the new account to register ReadyCLOUD in ReadyNAS admin console

unregister ReadyCLOUD and use  your old MyNETGEAR account to register ReadyCLOUD again.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
nglshmn
Tutor

Not a single clue from anyone?

Netgear/Infrant mods? Anything?

Thanks.

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello

It seems you have not unregistered ReadyCLOUD completely last time,so you will not be able to register the same account to ReadyCLOUD because the account is still saved in /etc/passwd

There is an easy way to delete ReadyCLOUD account information completely in ReadyOS

The steps as follow:

Register a new MyNETGEAR account in http://readycloud.netgear.com

Use the new account to register ReadyCLOUD in ReadyNAS admin console

unregister ReadyCLOUD and use  your old MyNETGEAR account to register ReadyCLOUD again.

Message 3 of 4
nglshmn
Tutor

Fantastic!  Thanks very much. Worked like a charm. I now have all my ReadyNAS's snuggly under one roof, with the same account.

I much appreciate yourhelp and expertise.

🙂

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements