Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access admin page

ericatk
Aspirant

Cannot access admin page

Updated the NAS to 6.10.0 and since then cannot access the admin page. All other functions are working. Tried reinstalling readycloud etc not access.

Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 4.39.41 PM.png

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 18
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot access admin page

Hi @ericatk

Are you trying to access the Admin page through ReadyCloud? Have you tried using the IP address of the NAS? (http:/NAS-IP)

It seems that you are logged in on ReadyCloud and trying to access the Admin page, it would be best if you access the Admin page using the Local IP.

Regards

Message 2 of 18
ericatk
Aspirant

Yes that is how I am trying to access it. I log in to my netgear account then click on admin page which opens it in a new window.

Below is what I get. (This only started happening after I did the upgrade to the 6.10.0)

Message 3 of 18
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @ericatk

If your PC is connected to your LAN the you can skip logging in to your ReadyCloud account and instead use your NAS' IP address to access it on a browser.

The procedure you are doing is usually used when you want to remotely access the NAS admin page. If this is the case, you may to check your NAS network settings like it's DNS servers etc.

Regards

Message 4 of 18
ericatk
Aspirant

Thanks Marc. I have tried doing it directly by logging into my router and seeing the ip address of readynas. However I still get the same result, a timed out message. Am I doing this wrong?

Message 5 of 18
ericatk
Aspirant

I used RAIDar and I amm still having the same problem  Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 3.41.53 PM.png

Message 6 of 18
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you tried clearing browsing data? or changing the browser you are using? Shows that your NAS has a proper IP address.

Message 7 of 18
ericatk
Aspirant

Yes I have tried it n 3 different browsers after clearing the cache

@Marc_V wrote:

Have you tried clearing browsing data? or changing the browser you are using? Shows that your NAS has a proper IP address.

Message 8 of 18
StephenB
Guru

Did you try doing an OS reinstall via the boot menu?

Message 9 of 18
ericatk
Aspirant

No
I am not sure how to do it but I will definitely take a look at trying that.
Message 10 of 18
StephenB
Guru

@ericatk wrote:
No
I am not sure how to do it.

See pages 28-29 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

We've seen some other reports from people losing access to the admin web ui after they upgraded to 6.10.0.  The OS reinstall has sometimes solved it (but not always).

The reinstall (if successful) will change some settings:

• NAS admin password changed back to password.
  • IP configuration changed to DHCP with no bonding
  • Volume quota turned off.

It shouldn't affect other settings or your data.

Message 11 of 18
ericatk
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

@ericatk wrote:
No
I am not sure how to do it.

See pages 28-29 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

We've seen some other reports from people losing access to the admin web ui after they upgraded to 6.10.0.  The OS reinstall has sometimes solved it (but not always).

The reinstall (if successful) will change some settings:

• NAS admin password changed back to password.
  • IP configuration changed to DHCP with no bonding
  • Volume quota turned off.

It shouldn't affect other settings or your data.

Thanks Stephen. I have done the reinstall and am currently waiting as the Volume Data is resyncing. I will let you know when it is done

Message 12 of 18
ericatk
Aspirant

I have been trying and still have not had access to the admin page for weeks. I tried reinstalling as directed and all I get is a timed out message using the Netgear Raidar or on the web

I have tried turning off and rebooting numerous times but nothing

Message 13 of 18
StephenB
Guru

@ericatk wrote:

I have been trying and still have not had access to the admin page for weeks. I tried reinstalling as directed and all I get is a timed out message using the Netgear Raidar or on the web

I have tried turning off and rebooting numerous times but nothing

Can RAIDar download the log zip file?

Message 14 of 18
ericatk
Aspirant

Yes I just did it.

Message 15 of 18
StephenB
Guru

Put the zip file in cloud storage (google drive, dropbox, etc).

Then send one of the mods - @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V - a private message (PM) asking them to analyze the logs.  Send the link to the logs in the PM - don't post it here.  They should be able to figure out what is going on.

Another option is to use paid Netgear support (my.netgear.com).

Message 16 of 18
ericatk
Aspirant

Thanks StephenB I heave sent it to both of them.

@StephenB wrote:

Put the zip file in cloud storage (google drive, dropbox, etc).

Then send one of the mods - @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V - a private message (PM) asking them to analyze the logs.  Send the link to the logs in the PM - don't post it here.  They should be able to figure out what is going on.

Another option is to use paid Netgear support (my.netgear.com).

Message 17 of 18
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ericatk

Checked on the logs and saw that the NAS OS volume is full at 100%, there were warnings on the logs as well when it reached 90%.

If you still have access to your data, you can back up to another storage and do a factory reset to have a fresh NAS again or if you are comfortable logging into SSH you may want to check this thread where @StephenB guided another user on checking the volume 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/System-volume-root-s-usage-is-90-RN...

Otherwise, you may want to contact Paid Support for assistance. You can login to my.netgear.com to create a case.

HTH

Regards

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements