Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access readynas via windows 7 network since update 65.5

mbw_nl
Aspirant

Cannot access readynas via windows 7 network since update 65.5

I have a readynas 102 attached via a switch to a windows 7 pro computer.

Before the update to 65.5 I could always access the folders on my readynas 102 (name: homedrive) by selecting it under network > homedrive

Since the update it still appears in 'network' but clicking does not give me access anymore 😞

Capture.JPG

I have found that I can open the ready nas homedrive using the ip (\\192.***.*.***) address in a new explorer window. Also the media device works fine to access music. But why cannot I access it through the 'network' - and why does it still appear without giving me access...

I guessed it might be to do with new login credentials (since changing from a uers name to an email address) but how do I change that in the network of my windows pc?

Any help would be great, and simple steps please!!!!!! Thanks a lot.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
mbw_nl
Aspirant

Re: Cannot access readynas via windows 7 network since update 65.5

Thanks to your inspiration I solved it my changing the network login password from the old pre update username to the new post update email address as username via windows credentials... thanks everyone 🙂

All saved passwords for Windows 7 are saved in Credential Manager.

Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Credential Manager

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaveTC1970
Aspirant

I found that changing my ReadyCloud/Mynetgear account details to a different email address from that used for my Microsoft account / Windows login solved the problem. Seems to me that SMB access had been broken for email accounts associated with the  cloud services.

Message 2 of 4
mbw_nl
Aspirant

Thanks Dave

But I don't use the same email address for my readynas/my netgear and my microsoft account. Just to check I did change it anyway (to a third email) and it still gives me the same problem as above... 😞

Message 3 of 4
mbw_nl
Aspirant

Thanks to your inspiration I solved it my changing the network login password from the old pre update username to the new post update email address as username via windows credentials... thanks everyone 🙂

All saved passwords for Windows 7 are saved in Credential Manager.

Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Credential Manager

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements