Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot reset ReadyCloud password

nige_b
Aspirant

Cannot reset ReadyCloud password

Hi,

I have just got the ReadyNAS RN102 and installation using the ReadyCloud option worked fine.

Later in the day I tried to log in using my ReadyCloud account but I could not log in.

I have used the password recovery option but the link just sends me back to the Netgear ReadyCloud page? I can't see anywhere where I can reset my password.

How do I reset my password please?

One other thing, when you have successfully discovered the NAS Device (as I have) if you run the discover option later should it find it again (mine doesn't)?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 14
vandermerwe
Master

Re: Cannot reset ReadyCloud password

Have you used:
https://www.readycloud.com/accounts/password/reset/

Try clearing your browser cache or using a different browser ( eg chrome )

I have the same problem with readycloud "losing" the device even though it is accessible via RAIDAR. I have an open support case about this and other issues. I would suggest you open a support case as well - even if you regain access. Netgear need to fix this. The more of us who report the problem the more important it should become for them to take the problem seriously. They keep telling me to try a different browser, when really they should be making their software compatible with existing browsers.
Message 2 of 14
nige_b
Aspirant

Just tried the password reset link but it says the e-mail account does not have an associated user which I know it does ...

Different browser did not fix the issue.

I guess I will have to log a call with support.

Thanks.
Message 3 of 14
vandermerwe
Master

I assume you setup a readycloud account when you started setting up, it's possible to setup the NAS without setting up a readycloud account.
Message 4 of 14
nige_b
Aspirant

Yes I already have an account. I realise I can set the device us without this but I want to get it working.

No response from support@remote.readynas.com ...

Still don't understand how I'm supposed to reset my password!

Thanks
Message 5 of 14
vandermerwe
Master

Have you registered your readynas?
You should be registered here, and log a support request here, or find the phone number and give them a call.

https://my.netgear.com/registration/login.aspx
Message 6 of 14
nige_b
Aspirant

Thanks I have done that.

Just can't believe how difficult it is to reset a password 😞
Message 7 of 14
vandermerwe
Master

There are other tasks that should be simple that OS 6 and its fellow Readycloud seem to make surprisingly difficult.
Message 8 of 14
nige_b
Aspirant

Support told me to mail support@remote.readynas.com which I did 3 days ago but still no reply :x

I think the NAS will be going back tomorrow for a refund.
Message 9 of 14
vandermerwe
Master

Very sensible
Edit : Netgear , pay attention!
Message 10 of 14
cap1
Aspirant

You can reset your password from ReadyCLOUD. If you visit http://readycloud.netgear.com and then click sign-in in the upper right corner you will see a dialog appear. At the bottom there is a link "Forgot Account" and clicking that link will begin the reset process.
Message 11 of 14
cap1
Aspirant

vandermerwe wrote:
Have you used:
https://www.readycloud.com/accounts/password/reset/

Try clearing your browser cache or using a different browser ( eg chrome )

I have the same problem with readycloud "losing" the device even though it is accessible via RAIDAR. I have an open support case about this and other issues. I would suggest you open a support case as well - even if you regain access. Netgear need to fix this. The more of us who report the problem the more important it should become for them to take the problem seriously. They keep telling me to try a different browser, when really they should be making their software compatible with existing browsers.

The above is NOT a netgear URL, please do not USE.
Message 12 of 14
cap1
Aspirant

vandermerwe wrote:
Have you registered your readynas?
You should be registered here, and log a support request here, or find the phone number and give them a call.

https://my.netgear.com/registration/login.aspx

You don't need to register your device with support to use readycloud. The support username is different than readycloud for now, we will be merging accounts later this year.
Message 13 of 14
nige_b
Aspirant

This is now sorted.

It looks like there is a compatibility issue when using IE9 on Windows Vista.

The password reset option does not work on this.

Used Chrome and this worked fine.
Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements