Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Changing ReadyCLOUD download folder

ddlooping
Aspirant

Changing ReadyCLOUD download folder

Hi all 🙂

Because for some reason I cannot get ReadyCLOUD to stream videos on my girlfriend's Tab Pro 8.4 (streaming seems to be working on my Tab S 8.4) I'd like to change ReadyCLOUD default download folder to one on the micro SD card.
Is this at all possible?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@ddlooping wrote:

An option would then be to download the files but as they are quite big I'd rather save them on the device microSD card (59Gb free vs 9Gb on the device itself).

The Android application manager has a control for moving all an app's data to the SD card, but it requires the app to support that feature.  Most apps do, but ReadyCloud doesn't (the control is grayed out).  It should.  ReadyNAS Remote can download the file, but it doesn't allow moving its data to the SD card either.

Personally I recommend plex for streaming (if you have an RN200 or better), and ES File Explorer for file downloads.  The latter supports FTPS.  You do need to forward some router ports.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ddlooping,

Can you confirm the Firmware version of you ReadyNAS as well as the add-on version of ReadyCLOUD installed in your mobile devices. Also, tell us why you need to change the default ReadyCLOUD download folder and on which device? Your ReadyNAS or Mobile device? 

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community

Message 2 of 6
ddlooping
Aspirant

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. 🙂

ReadyNAS 104 Firmware: 6.2.5
ReadyCLOUD android app v1.2.1

I'd like to change the download folder on a Galaxy Tab PRO 8.4 as I can't seem to be able to stream videos to it (streaming seem to be working on my Tab S 8.4).
An option would then be to download the files but as they are quite big I'd rather save them on the device microSD card (59Gb free vs 9Gb on the device itself).
The best solution would still be to make the videos stream to the device though.

Message 3 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ddlooping,

Downloading a file and setting a directory where will it be saved is not yet an option. This feature would benefit a lot of users, especially if they want to stream video files that are large in size. I suggest you contact NETGEAR support to create a ticket to

submit this request.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@ddlooping wrote:

The Android application manager has a control for moving all an app's data to the SD card, but it requires the app to support that feature.  Most apps do, but ReadyCloud doesn't (the control is grayed out).  It should.  ReadyNAS Remote can download the file, but it doesn't allow moving its data to the SD card either.

Personally I recommend plex for streaming (if you have an RN200 or better), and ES File Explorer for file downloads.  The latter supports FTPS.  You do need to forward some router ports.

Message 5 of 6
ddlooping
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion, Brian. 🙂

Hi Stephen,

I have recently installed Plex on my Tab and it's been working great so far (still need to test it when abroad).
My girlfriend is a bit reluctant to pay £3.99 for it considering how infrequently she'd use it, hence me looking into ReadyCLOUD.
Oh well, her loss. 😄

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements