Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Did I get my migration email early?

techman05
Guide

Did I get my migration email early?

I logged into my readycloud account and was not prompted to migrate. Did I get the email early. I think I've got my self ready when you are. The only thing I found is I've got a few accounts I forgot about and for my sanity I'd like to find a way to take all the readynas accounts and pool them so I can clean house.

I still have this account which for forever was my account and another [my.netgear] which I had to use for products and support and a few readycloud accounts that I forgot about

Thanks

Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This email is to provide advanced warning that this change will take place in early/mid May so you can prepare accordingly.

We will likely send another email around when we release the firmware update in case you missed the first email. We are keen to do all we can to communicate this significant change to our users to minimise any inconvenience caused.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 16

All Replies
Kurinoko
Aspirant

Re : Did I get my migration email early?

Hi,

I've had no prompt aswell. Don't know why.

Message 2 of 16
gsvenningsen
Tutor

In the email I got it says "This transition will take place in early May". So it is a bit unclear to me if nothing will change before early May (busines as usual), or if it is possible to already now start the migration.

Message 3 of 16
Kurinoko
Aspirant

Oh yea, you're right.

That'll teach me to read correctly the mails I get. 😉

Message 4 of 16
ToddeSwe
Guide

Me to, why sending out an e-mail when nothing is as they said is should be int the mail... when the times comes i have forgotten about this.

Message 5 of 16
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This email is to provide advanced warning that this change will take place in early/mid May so you can prepare accordingly.

We will likely send another email around when we release the firmware update in case you missed the first email. We are keen to do all we can to communicate this significant change to our users to minimise any inconvenience caused.

Message 6 of 16
techman05
Guide

mdgm if possible change the prompt on readycloud.netgear.com. It says "the next time you log in you"ll be prompted to migrate". I guess the only way we'll know its a "new readycloud" is to wait till may [which says targeted] and wait for further instructions.

I'm deleting the email i got for now and we'll go from there.
Message 7 of 16
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It will be at the same time as when ReadyNAS OS 6.5.0 is released.

You will need to do the upgrade and will need to let all your ReadyCLOUD users know to migrate their ReadyCLOUD accounts to SSO as well.

Message 8 of 16
techman05
Guide

it made the migration sound like it happened before you could get the update. I kinda hoped the apps would prompt as much as the webpage seems it will so you don't have stragelers migrating. Thats one thing I tried thinking the website was over loaded (tried logging into windows ready cloud and phone app).
Message 9 of 16
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I think with some of the smartphone/tablet apps there may be a transition period where if you haven't yet done the migration it will still work as you can't use the app to migrate your account.

However if you can't login to the app on your phone that should be a reminder for you to go to readycloud.netgear.com and check to see if 6.5.0 has been released yet.

Message 10 of 16
_frantic_
Aspirant

Today I received a 2nd email.

Quote: "Um weiterhin ReadyCLOUD zu nutzen, müssen Sie bitte diese Schritte ausführen: ..."

Translation: "To continue to use Ready cloud, you have to follow these steps".

I find this slightly confusing. It ist still not possible to follow the instructions.

Message 11 of 16
StephenB
Guru

It is confusing, but the answer is that you need to wait until the migration takes place.

It would be better if Netgear said very clearly  something like "Right now there is nothing for you to do, we will notify you again when you need to take action."  Something similar to the emails Microsoft sent out on the Windows 10 upgrades.

Message 12 of 16
Tulpe84
Aspirant

I have the invitation now received for the third time. However, the migration is still not possible.
Message 13 of 16
JamesGL
Master

Hi Tulpe84,

Migration should be okay now. Please confirm.

Message 14 of 16
techman05
Guide

confirmed
Message 15 of 16
techman05
Guide

still wish with all this merging I could have merged my community profile with my proper my.netgear account
Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements