Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disabled ReadyNas Remote - now can't log in.

Daf1
Tutor

Disabled ReadyNas Remote - now can't log in.

ReadyNAS 104 - OS 6.2.4

Was giving ReadyCloud a go but then decided to try it later.
Then for safety of mind - switched ReadyCloud app/service off again.
Then seeing that ReadyNas Remote (enable secure access toReadyNas over the internet (VPN)) was enabled - switched it off without thinking.

Took a while but then immediately afterwards I can't log in with my main(only) username + password.
Logged into ReadyCLoud and it said I had no device.
So pressed backup button for 5 sec and it found it - but when I click the Manage button it takes me to the standard admin screen. It asks for my username and password several times before booting me to a password recovery page - but that says it's not available due to password recovery not being set / security settings.

ReadyNas Remote app doesn't show it.
RAIDar shows the device - but clicking Admin Page just takes me to the standard web page - no go.

My password is correct as I can sign in to readycloud.netgear.com
That shows no device registered.
Before this the device showed up but was set as offline.

Any ideas how to fix this ?

Message 1 of 9
EskenderNG
NETGEAR Employee

Re: Disabled ReadyNas Remote - now can't log in.

Hello,

Access to ReadyCLOUD and access to the local admin page are two different accounts. Disabling ReadyCLOUD and ReadyNAS Remote should not have any affect onto accessing the device locally.

Having said that and taking your comment about your password being correct as it works on ReadyCLOUD I assume that you might be using the wrong credentials to log into the local admin page.

After pressing on “Manage” on the ReadyCLOUD website or on “Admin Page” using RAIDar please make sure that you use the username: admin and the password that you chose originally for the admin.

Once you are logged in you can re-enable the ReadyCLOUD service if you need to.
If this doesn’t work maybe a simple reboot does.

ReadyCLOUD shows no registered devices because you disabled ReadyCLOUD on your device. It will show up again once the service is turned on again.

Bye,
Eskender
Message 2 of 9
Daf1
Tutor

Thanks for that.

Stored windows mapped drive password (non admin account) doesn't seem to work any more.
Admin home page - Chrome stored username (non admin) + password don't seem to work any more.

Trying my standard password(s) for admin in the web admin don't work.
Trying default admin password (password) doesn't seem to do much in the Web admin. Page is just waiting for a long time then get the Chrome "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET"
As above for RAIDar application (windows 7)

Am thinking that re-installing the firmware is my only remaining option ?
Message 3 of 9
Daf1
Tutor

I seem to have made some headway.

admin default password wouldn't do much while connected to switch or router.
However - I connected straight to the PC and was able to connect via admin account!

Looks like my standard account had been deleted - I certainly didn't do this.
Re-created this in WebAdmin through admin account.
Then started assigning my shares to the user as owner.

I can now connect to one of them at least via my mapped drive when ReadyNas is connected to the router.

Will read up more on access/share for this account to re-create them.

I have received the message "Connecting to ReadyNas ADmin Page..." several times.
Sometimes this results in a "ReadyNAS "Admin Page" is offline" page
I assume it is changing the ownership of all files and folders so may be busy.
Still can't access admin page while ReadyNas is connected to the router- but I'm guessing it's busy. Or maybe this needs the ReadyNas Remote setting to ON. Each time I've tried this I've got the "Connecting to ReadyNas ADmin Page" message
Message 4 of 9
Daf1
Tutor

Worthwhile tip for others:
- Set up the email account in Alert Settings
- Change your admin password - or at least set up the reminder Question/Answer/Email address
Message 5 of 9
Daf1
Tutor

Interestingly - I used to access the Admin pages via the non-admin username.
Now I need to use admin.
Wonder if either this none "admin" was given access in earlier FW or I somehow changed the name of "admin"
Message 6 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You can't change the name of the local admin user. The other user would have been your main ReadyCloud user.

Can you send me your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?
Message 7 of 9
Daf1
Tutor

mdgm wrote:

Can you send me your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Sent :thumbsup:
Message 8 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Your email alerts are not working. If you are using two-factor authentication you will need to enable less secure apps and set an application specific password.

So you can't re-enable ReadyCloud?
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements