Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Don't upgrade to ReadyCloud 1.4 if running Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite

k4heines
Guide

Don't upgrade to ReadyCloud 1.4 if running Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite

Hello, I am writing this to advise others.

Don't upgrade to ReadyCloud 1.4 if you're still on Mac OS 10.10.

I just upgraded the ReadyCloud client on my Mac from 1.0 to 1.4. Doing this caused ReadyCloud to no longer work, since the new software requires OS 10.11. I am shocked that the upgrade was even available -- I shouldn't have even seen this udpate come through. Much less, in the installer, it should have checked for a compatable OS. I'm disappointed at the quality of Netgear development.

The fact is, I'm not ready to upgrade my Mac OS yet, not until I finish migrating my Apple Aperture libary to Adobe LIghtroom. It's a big task, and I'm not ready to upgrade the OS and risk loosing the ability to run Aperture. 

A Time Machine restore fixed my problem. I'm now running 1.0.634.74. It's older, but at least it connects.

Also, I'm annoyed I can't find the release notes for the new version. I did multiple google searches, as well as looked through the info in the installer.  What's the difference between 1.0 and 1.4? Why should I upgrade to 1.4 anyway?

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 8
dagmarian
Guide

I have this issue now and agree with the original post.  NETGEAR please let me know how I can revert to the previous version. No I don't have a backup of the application - please provide it.

Message 2 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello k4heines,

May I ask what exactly happened after the update of ReadyCloud app? I hope you have also tried uninstalling the app then fresh install the one from download site.

Regards,

Message 3 of 8
dagmarian
Guide

Hi JennC, the new client app is incompatible with Yosemite.  What happens is that a dialogue box comes up and says so; that's it.  See attached image.

It's too late to inform us at that point.  We want to revert to the old version so we can still use the functionality we had.

Dialog

Message 4 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I have passed on your feedback.

btw have you considered updating to El Capitan or Sierra?

Message 5 of 8
k4heines
Guide

Thanks for passing along the feedback.

I've considered upgrading my OS -- I use El Cap on two computers at work. However, I don't want to attempt an upgradde until I fininish migrating a massive photo library from Apple Aperture to Adobe Lightroom. I really don't have a reason to upgrade until that's done. However, I generally do like to be up to date and a fairly early adopter

Message 6 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello k4heines,

Was about to check if that is a bug, thanks to Matt for the feedback.

Regards,

Message 7 of 8
dagmarian
Guide

How are we doing with this?  I use the app to backup a key folder on my Mac.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements