Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Downgraded RN104 to 6.2.2 from 6.2.4, admin page broken

felixvd
Aspirant

Downgraded RN104 to 6.2.2 from 6.2.4, admin page broken

I downgraded a RN104 to 6.2.2 from 6.2.4, because it had trouble connecting to ReadyCLOUD and ReadyNAS Remote and I remembered it working before the upgrade. Ever since, I cant connect to the admin page. First, it timed out, now after a few restarts the request just drops. Quick facts:

- RAIDar says the device works fine
- SSH works fine
- The splash screen displays 6.2.4, but RAIDar says 6.2.2.
- I can access all data and shares fine.

On a hopefully unrelated note, I also installed Crashplan on the machine, but it is disabled while I figure out what is wrong with the admin page. I don't think it changed anything.

I am pretty sure the problem is that apache2 is not running. This is what "systemctl status apache2" returns:

apache2.service - The Apache HTTP Server
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service; enabled)
Active: inactive (dead) (Result: exit-code) since Wed, 27 May 2015 21:40:23 +0900; 16min ago
Process: 6629 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/apache2 $OPTIONS -k start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Process: 6617 ExecStartPre=/frontview/bin/fvapps (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
CGroup: name=systemd:/system/apache2.service

And this is the interesting part of the error log from "journalctl -a | grep apache2 | tail -n 20":

May 27 21:31:41 NAS-Kartoffel apache2[4989]: apache2: Syntax error on line 268 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 7 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/090-photos2.conf: Cannot load /apps/photos2/modules/mod_login.so into server: /apps/photos2/modules/mod_login.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
May 27 21:31:41 NAS-Kartoffel systemd[1]: apache2.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
May 27 21:31:41 NAS-Kartoffel systemd[1]: Unit apache2.service entered failed state.
May 27 21:31:41 NAS-Kartoffel systemd[1]: apache2.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
May 27 21:31:41 NAS-Kartoffel systemd[1]: apache2.service start request repeated too quickly, refusing to start.

in /apps/photos2/ there is no folder called "modules". I don't know what it is for. If it's an app, I wouldn't mind deleting it, because the photos app is terrible anyway.

Any ideas apart from that? Is there a way to upgrade the firmware via SSH, maybe? I am seriously surprised by how fickle this stuff is.

Message 1 of 5
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Have you tried to perform OS reinstall? http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detai ... 9ubQ%3D%3D
Message 2 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you want to remove the photos 2 app try this:

Try this:

# apt-get purge photos2
# rm -rf /apps/photos2
# rm /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/090-photos2.conf
# systemctl restart apache2

Yes the firmware can be updated via SSH

# cd /root
# wget URL
# ls
# unzip file.zip
# ls
# echo /root/ReadyNASOS-6.2.4-arm.img > /etc/.flash_update

(If you are downloading a zip file of course use the name of the zip file not file.zip. If you are downloading the img file you would of course skip the unzipping step).
Message 3 of 5
felixvd
Aspirant

mdgm: Removing the photos 2 app and restarting apache2 worked. Thanks a lot. I updated the firmware through the web interface.

My NETGEAR support request still has no response and I'm sure it won't be as helpful. Do you have a digital currency address I can tip you at?

While I'm at it, do you have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this connection error? http://imgur.com/yaeRnHn
I am behind a fairly limiting firewall, but that's what ReadyCLOUD and ReadyNAS Remote are meant to be for.
Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This is my job. I can't accept any tips, but thanks for the thought.

With some corporate firewalls you might need to open a port still. See e.g. http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80363
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements