Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Duplicated files when uploading folder

platypus3
Aspirant

Duplicated files when uploading folder

I have my ReadyNAS 202 connected to my home network's wifi router via network cable.

From work, I tried to upload a folder which had about 300 files totaling about 100 Mb by dragging and dropping the folder from my Win 7 machine at work to the web interface of ReadyCloud on readycloud.netgear.com.

I found that after it finished copying the folder, that each file was duplicated.

For example,

20160709_194445.jpg

20160709_194445 (1).jpg

I had to manually remove each file which was a pain.

Model: RN20222D|ReadyNAS202
Message 1 of 5
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Duplicated files when uploading folder

Hi platypus3,

Does this happen repeatedly? Have you experience this on another web browser/s? or PC?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
platypus3
Aspirant

Hmm, I am seeing some mixed results:

1. On the ReadyNAS, I have a folder other and created test under it which is empty. When I dragged the folder with 291 files

and 98 Mb of content into this empty folder, it copied the folder successfully without duplicating its contents.

2. When I renamed the folder on Win 7 and dragged it to my original folder dhom_samsung_s7 directory that has other large folders, it copied the folder but the contents are all duplicated.

I am using Google Chrome browser 51.0.2704.103 m

The ReadyNAS 202 has firmware 6.5.1

The ReadyCloud web interface is 1.5.8397.13023 and 1.1-163 as versions.

Message 3 of 5
platypus3
Aspirant

I just updated my Google Chrome to 51.0.2704.106 m

I tried again to copy the 100 Mb 291 file folder from Win 7 to ReadyCloud web interface.

This time, it successfully copied the folder and did not duplicate the files.

Google Chrome is vague on their updates per http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/

They stated on July 11, 2016: This build contains a number of bug fixes, security updates, and feature enhancements.

Note: Internet Explorer and Firefox do not support the feature to drag and drop a folder into the web interface. This is only supported in Google Chrome which supports HTML5.

Based on my updated experience, I believe this issue has been resolved.

Message 4 of 5
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi platypus3,

We appreciate your feedback and for letting us know how we helped you resolve your issue. Kindly mark this thread closed by clicking the "Accepted as Solution” button in one of the responses that you received. We also look forward to hearing more from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements