Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

E-mail verification problems on ReadyCLOUD migration to MyNETGEAR.com account

fkrop
Tutor

E-mail verification problems on ReadyCLOUD migration to MyNETGEAR.com account

I have migrated my readycloud account to an existing MyNetgear account (and bound my former readycloud account to myNetgear account).  I can login to MyNetgear account, however when I try to log in to readycloud via signin page,

I get an error saying:

"Your e-mail is not confirmed" click button to resend verification e-mail...I have clicked this button 20 times, but never receive a verification e-mail to confirm my account.  What am I missing?

Model: RN202|ReadyNAS202
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
fkrop
Tutor

Re: E-mail verification problems on ReadyCLOUD migration to MyNETGEAR.com account

Okay, I ultimately resolved solution.

On MyNetgear, I went to options and changed my e-mail address to another account.

Received a verification link.

Logged into my netgear with new account.  ReadyNas was visible.

Changed My gear account back to the original.

Things seem to be working.

Awkward, but a solution.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: E-mail verification problems on ReadyCLOUD migration to MyNETGEAR.com account

Hello fkrop,

Please check as well your Spam mail. Also, make sure to allow readycloud@netgear.com through your email spam filters.

Try again upgrading the account and bind it to the email address, if you get the same problem, maybe try another email address.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi fkrop,

Have you tried JennC's suggestions? Kindly update this thread whether you've done it already or not.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 6
fkrop
Tutor

Thanks to all, but yes, I have checked spam folders.

I'm confused with the guidance, as I have already 'bound' my former readycloud account to my email (the same email that is my username).  When I I try and "re-upgrade" my former readycloud account I get an error saying I aready have upgraded my readycloud to an email:

UPGRADE YOUR EXISTING READYCLOUD ACCOUNT

We found the user XXXXXXX

Is associated with the email address

ZZZZZZZ@JJJJ.us

YOUR READYCLOUD HAS ALREADY BEEN UPGRADED TO A MY NETGEAR ACCOUNT

When I click through that, I get the message:

Your E-mail is not confirmed

To activate your account, click the verification which was sent to you after registration.

Two buttons:  Resend Verification   or Cancel

Resend Verifcation never results in an e-mail.

I feel as if I am caught in a perpetual loop with this migration.

Message 4 of 6
fkrop
Tutor

Okay, I ultimately resolved solution.

On MyNetgear, I went to options and changed my e-mail address to another account.

Received a verification link.

Logged into my netgear with new account.  ReadyNas was visible.

Changed My gear account back to the original.

Things seem to be working.

Awkward, but a solution.

Message 5 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello fkrop,

I'm glad you were able to solve it. I'm not sure what happened during the migration but using another email address is definitely another solution.

You may close this thread by clicking the post that you think resolved it.

Please feel free to continue posting any questions, suggestion and comments. We appreciate your contribution to the community!

Regards,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements