Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I get my Netgear router & netgear extender to use the same admin credentials w/nighthawk app?

omsurf
Follower

How do I get my Netgear router & netgear extender to use the same admin credentials w/nighthawk app?

I have a netgear router(AX2700 DOCSIS 3.1 WiFi Cable Modem Router (CAX30))

& an Extender(AC2200 WiFi Mesh Extender (EX7300v2) & each time I try to switch between products on the "network map" while using Nighthawk app, it makes me sign in with admin credentials.  How do I merge these accounts so I only have 1 set of admin username and password for both devices?  

Also, I purchased Armor & it only shows up on my router settings, not on my extender?  I'd like my armor protection on my entire network, including the extender...it is pointless to just have it on my router.  

thanks! 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: How do I get my Netgear router & netgear extender to use the same admin credentials w/nighth

1. I don't think you can. I think you have to log into each device separate. 

2. Armor still protects all your devices, even those connected through the extender. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: How do I get my Netgear router & netgear extender to use the same admin credentials w/nighth

1. I don't think you can. I think you have to log into each device separate. 

2. Armor still protects all your devices, even those connected through the extender. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements