Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: IOS app showing 'Disconnected' after update to IOS 9.3.2

vtxrider
Tutor

IOS app showing 'Disconnected' after update to IOS 9.3.2

Well, it seems I can no longer access my shares on my iPhone after updating to IOS 9.3.2, the app shows my NAS as 'Online', but the shares all show 'Disconnected'. If I am on WIFI it connects fine and shows 'Connected (LAN)' Cellular data is turned on for the app and the NAS is Online, just won't access the shares while on cellular. I assume this is a new glitch and we have to wait for an app update? Sucks that I need to be on WIFI to access my shares from my phone. Desktop app works just fine. Anyone found a work around for this??

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204
Message 1 of 22

Accepted Solutions
vtxrider
Tutor

I was finaly able to get this fixed by going to the 'Cloud' tab on the NAS and clicking the 'Leave' button to deregister my account, signing out of both the desktop and IOS app's, then going to http://readycloud.netgear.com/client/index.html#page=discoverdevices to register a new account with another email address, even used the same password. Then back to the NAS to turn on and sign in to the cloud, and finally sign in with the new account on the IOS app. This worked and I can now access all of my shares on IOS from other networks. Be sure to turn off wifi on you phone while doing this so it is forced to log in via the cell network and not local. I assume the old account is deleted when I deregistered it, if not it is now dorment.

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 22

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello vtxrider,

What is the model number of your NAS and its FW version? Have you tried logging in and out from ReadyCloud app on your iPhone? How about uninstalling and reinstalling?

Regards,

Message 2 of 22
vtxrider
Tutor

I have a RN204 with the latest firmware, and yes I have tried both of your suggestions without success. I can sign in not a problem and the app finds the NAS and shows 'Online', just when I go to list the shares it tries then says 'disconnected'. If I turn on wifi it connects and shows shares on the local LAN. The desktop app workes as expected. This started after the latest IOS update.

Model: RN20441D|ReadyNAS204
Message 3 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello vtxrider,

You said latest FW version so I assume that is 6.5.1, were you using 6.5.0 before the update of FW or a lower version? Have you noticed if you get the same problem on 6.5.0?

Regards,

Message 4 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello vtxrider,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 22
vtxrider
Tutor

I have tried everything I can think of, deleting the app and re-installing, down grading to an eailer version, logging out and back in both on the desktop and mobil app, nothing works, I can ONLY connect to my shares on the mobile app via LAN on wifi. The Cell connection shows 'Online' and not 'connected', and the shares show 'disconnected'. The desktop app as well as the browser work fine, it's only the mobile app on cellular that is not working.

Message 6 of 22
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi vtxrider,

By any chance, was the SSO (ReadyCLOUD) login that you're using also being used an e-mail address by a local ReadyNAS user? Also, does the Cloud tab shows Internet & Services online?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 22
vtxrider
Tutor

Internet Services show available, and yes, the login email for the IOS app and the desktop app are the same,(the app requires the mynetgear email address) but the local access (via browser) is not. I tried logging out on the desktop app thinking it might be in conflict with the IOS app but it didn't make any difference.

Message 8 of 22
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi vtxrider,

Thanks for the information that you have provided. With regard to the question about your ReadyCLOUD e-mail address, is it being used by one of your registered local ReadyNAS user? It should be under Accounts->User. Another thing you can check is the IPv6 on the active NIC of your system, make sure its disabled. Also, do you have files saved on the private home shares of your ReadyCLOUD? 

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 9 of 22
vtxrider
Tutor

Well, that didn't work, after disabling ipv6 the ios app will not connect at all, not even the priviously working LAN connection, just shows 'offline', and the desktop app is off line as well. No files in my home folder, no local users except 'Admin'. Under Shares/Home folder there is a folder with my readycloud email address, is that supposed to be there?

Message 10 of 22
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi vtxrider,

Yeah that should be there because that is the lone (SSO) ReadyCLOUD user logged in to ReadyCLOUD. Have you rebooted your system after making the changes? Also, disable encryption under Cloud->Settings in the admin page.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 22
StephenB
Guru

@vtxrider wrote:

Under Shares/Home folder there is a folder with my readycloud email address, is that supposed to be there?

Yes, that is the home folder for the readycloud user.

Message 12 of 22
vtxrider
Tutor

So far all great suggestions, some I had tried and some new, no luck though as I still can't connect via cell service, and via wifi only in my local LAN coverage. I needed this service on the road and my one month trip started yesterday, so I won't be able to work on it until return. Bummer!
Message 13 of 22
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi vtxrider,

Sorry for the inconvenience. While you're away, could you try it on another network? Don't use your mobile or cellular data network for the said test.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 14 of 22
vtxrider
Tutor

Not a problem.
Message 15 of 22
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi vtxrider,

Were you able to try it? Are you getting the same error message or behavior?

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 16 of 22
vtxrider
Tutor

I get the same on two different wifi systems, NAS shows online but shares show disconnected. I can log in to RC on the hotel browser, but not my phone on any network except my hom LAN.
Message 17 of 22
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi vtxrider,

This is weird. I couldn't think of any more suggestions that can help us fix your problem. I suggest that you take advantage of your free phone and chat support from NETGEAR to raise this issue and hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 18 of 22
wietscho
Aspirant

Hello together,

I am facing exactly the same issue as vtxrider. App access to the NAS only via home WLAN network. If you are connected in a "foreign" WLAN the NAS showed "online" but accessing the folders below failed as well as uploading fotos etc.

I am very interested in a workaround that could help.

Kind regards

wietscho

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 19 of 22
vtxrider
Tutor

I was finaly able to get this fixed by going to the 'Cloud' tab on the NAS and clicking the 'Leave' button to deregister my account, signing out of both the desktop and IOS app's, then going to http://readycloud.netgear.com/client/index.html#page=discoverdevices to register a new account with another email address, even used the same password. Then back to the NAS to turn on and sign in to the cloud, and finally sign in with the new account on the IOS app. This worked and I can now access all of my shares on IOS from other networks. Be sure to turn off wifi on you phone while doing this so it is forced to log in via the cell network and not local. I assume the old account is deleted when I deregistered it, if not it is now dorment.

Message 20 of 22
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi vtxrider,

I'm glad that your issue has been resolved. I didn't thought that this procedure will fix your problem since the issue that you've posted was about the ReadyCLOUD iOS app. When you left the Cloud completely, have you first tried logging in your old admin ReadyCLOUD account to see if it works?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 21 of 22
vtxrider
Tutor

The issue was the IOS app, couldn't access shares via any network except local although the app said I was connected. By deregistering my email account, signing out of all access, then creating an entirelly new account with another email I was able to access shares via cell network. I tried logging out and back in several times, also deleting the app and re-installing. When you 'Leave' the cloud via the NAS it informes you that ALL of your information will be deleted. As I have several email addresses I just used another one to create a new account, and it is now working fine.

Message 22 of 22
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements