Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ignored Files when backing up Mac folder: unable to diagnose or resolve annoying glitch

dagmarian
Guide

Ignored Files when backing up Mac folder: unable to diagnose or resolve annoying glitch

My previous atttempt at rasing this issue - itself seemingly aslo ignored - can be found at https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Cloud-Storage/Desktop-client-for-Mac/m-p/1658511/highlight...

When backing up a Mac folder - a function that otherwise works seemlessly in the background on my Mac desktop - I get (repeatedly, obviously) a message saying that "13 files were ignored in your Readycloud folder (click to view)".  When 'clicking' to view I am taken to a Mac OS Finder window that does not show 13 files - indeed it seems to show something related to other  things I may have been doing on my Mac.  In other words 'clicking' to view provides me with no information / insights into which files are being ignored.

Surely this is not difficult to fix.

I remain puzzled why a bit more effort is not applied to this otherwise highly useful piece of software.  Simple UI / indication shortcomings in the desktop app window have, in my experience, let things down - I would have thought unnecessarily.

Please can someone - ideally Netgear - help? 

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 1 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Ignored Files when backing up Mac folder: unable to diagnose or resolve annoying glitch

Hi @dagmarian

When backing up a folder on Mac I also get  the same mesage where files are being ignored. Checking it, Finder showed folders that does not contain any files. Is yours showing a blank window?

Can you post screenshots of the issue you are getting?

Regards

Message 2 of 4
dagmarian
Guide

Hi Mark, thanks for responding.

I'm away from my ReadyNAS location for a few days so can't check latest.

I usually get a Finder window that shows some content, however I've never been able to make any connection with that content (files etc) and anything my backup may or may not be doing.  In other words it feels that the generation of the finder view is either random or relates to some other system function / recent activity within the Mac.

Message 3 of 4
dagmarian
Guide

Attached is a screenshot of the notification from the desktop app.

I can confirm that the finder window that results from 'clicking to view' does not show me 13 files but seems to show something relating to my past use of Finder.  i.e. having nothing to do with the readycloud backup function.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements