Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Impossible to backup the user directory ?

NumberFour
Tutor

Impossible to backup the user directory ?

Hi everybody,

I have 2 computers. Let's call them PC1 and PC2. On PC1, I have an account named Account1, and on PC2, Account2

My user folders are located in D:\Users on both computers (So respectively, the user folders are D:\Users\Account1 & D:\Users\Account2)

The user folders are not simlinks. They contains the Documents/Downloads/Videos/.... folders

On PC1, I managed to set up the backup of the user folder (On readynas, the backup destination is PC1-Account1)... I don't think I have done something special in order to manage that... I think I have selected "Backup PC folder" in ReadyCloud, and then selected the D:\Users\Account1

But now, I try to do the same on PC2. But, when I select "Backup PC folder" in ReadyCloud, and then select the D:\Users\Account2, the OK button is greyed, so I can't validate. For example, "Public" and "Admin" folders can be selected.

Any idea of what can be going wrong ?

I went back to PC1, and tried to select again the Account1 user folder, it's now the same as PC2, but I don't know if it's because it's already set up for backup, or I the problem is the same, and when I set up the backup the first time on PC1, I had a big luck to manage to select Account1 user folder...

Thanks in advance !

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Impossible to backup the user directory ?

Hello NumberFour,

You cannot select a user's directory who is logined in to the PC currently to backup it to NAS via readyCloud.

If you want to backup one user's directory via readyCloud, please login to PC with another user and try again.

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
BingkeX
NETGEAR Expert

Hello NumberFour,

You cannot select a user's directory who is logined in to the PC currently to backup it to NAS via readyCloud.

If you want to backup one user's directory via readyCloud, please login to PC with another user and try again.

Best Regards.

Message 2 of 3
NumberFour
Tutor

Thanks for information !

I managed to do it by logging in with another account as you said, and then, logging in with the account to save, and sync is processing correctly after that.

In fact, that's only the selection which is impossible through UI, but the sync process seems working well (and doesn't depend on account with which you're logged in)

And when you're logged in with the other account, the sync of the account to save is not possible without giving extra permission to do that. because natively, you don't have access to it.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements