Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Is Readycloud Broken?

Viffergb
Luminary

Is Readycloud Broken?

I'm trying to login to my Readycloud account from a laptop using the app, but I keep getting :-

"Sorry we didn't recognise either your Username or Password. Please try to sign in again or create a new account"

I can't login via the web page either!!!!

I have not changed anything on my account, so it gives the impression that my details have been wiped!

Strangely, it appears that the Readycloud Android App is still recognising my login and allowing me access to my NAS.

I am confused!

Message 1 of 18

Accepted Solutions
MarcusF
Admin

Confirmed: There was a short period on October 9th where there was an issue with the login server. 

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 18

All Replies
LooInSpain
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.

Working fine on my phone but cannot login via my desktop - keep getting the Usernameor Password not recognized error.

Any help would be great

Message 2 of 18
Viffergb
Luminary

If I try 'Forgot Account' link and enter my UserID, it comes back:-

"4280242530 No user found with such ID"

If I try to create a new account, it comes back with :-

"Create new account error

; nested exception is:

java.net. UnknownHostException:

peernetwork.netgear.com"

Message 3 of 18
Viffergb
Luminary

@LooInSpain wrote:

Working fine on my phone but cannot login via my desktop - keep getting the Usernameor Password not recognized error.

Any help would be great

Glad it's not me and 'finger trouble' 😉

As you say, any help would be great.

Message 4 of 18
ChrisF99
Aspirant

I have a similar problem except the Android app doesn't work either.- posted a question about it a couple of hours ago but no response.

Message 5 of 18
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Viffergb,

Did you recently update the firmware of your NAS?

Regards,

Message 6 of 18
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

When someone sends you an invitation on ReadyCLOUD to join a NAS, a temporary account is created for you. You need to accept the invitation in order to create an account, or the invitation needs to expire/be canceled in order to create the account. It's done like this for security: imagine if user1 was invited to a NAS by user2 and user3 found out, user3 would be able to create an account using user1's e-mail address and gain remote access to a ReadyNAS. 

If you had an account, and for some reason, it is no longer valid, you should be contacting Support to inquire what happened to the account.

Message 7 of 18
Viffergb
Luminary

@JennC wrote:

Hello @Viffergb,

Did you recently update the firmware of your NAS?

Regards,

Interestingly I've now returned home and it's all working fine Smiley Surprised!  I didn't update the firmware on my NAS recently JennC, it's still at version 6.2.5.  However, now that I can access my NAS at 'admin' level, I see that I am being prompted to update to version 6.4.0.  Guess I'd better update it.

Still doesn't explain why Readycloud wasn't working properly when I tried accessing my NAS from a different location yesterday Smiley Frustrated.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 18
Viffergb
Luminary

@kohdee wrote:

When someone sends you an invitation on ReadyCLOUD to join a NAS, a temporary account is created for you. You need to accept the invitation in order to create an account, or the invitation needs to expire/be canceled in order to create the account. It's done like this for security: imagine if user1 was invited to a NAS by user2 and user3 found out, user3 would be able to create an account using user1's e-mail address and gain remote access to a ReadyNAS. 

If you had an account, and for some reason, it is no longer valid, you should be contacting Support to inquire what happened to the account.

I wasn't sent an invite, it was me as admin trying to login to my Readycloud account from a location which had worked fine on previous occasions.  However, as I mentioned in my previous reply, now that I'm back home, it's all working fine.  I still believe there must have been a problem yesterday which has now been sorted, especially as two others in this thread reported the same problem.

Thanks.

Message 9 of 18
Viffergb
Luminary

@LooInSpain wrote:

Any help would be great

Mine is now working again.  Is yours?

Message 10 of 18
Viffergb
Luminary

@ChrisF99 wrote:

I have a similar problem except the Android app doesn't work either.- posted a question about it a couple of hours ago but no response.

Mine's okay now.  Is yours?

Message 11 of 18
LooInSpain
Aspirant

Mine started working about 12/13 hours ago.

Nothing fancy, just suddenly I was able to login remotely to the NAS with the same username and password as I had been trying all afternoon.

From here it looked like the netgear server was the system that had an issue and it took a while to fix
Message 12 of 18
MarcusF
Admin

Confirmed: There was a short period on October 9th where there was an issue with the login server. 

Message 13 of 18
ChrisF99
Aspirant

Great.

Nice of netgear to let us know.

I'm sending mine back to Amazon and going back to Sync.com.
Message 14 of 18
Viffergb
Luminary

@LooInSpain wrote:
Mine started working about 12/13 hours ago.

From here it looked like the netgear server was the system that had an issue and it took a while to fix

Yes, I agree.  I see that Netgear have now admitted there was a fault.  Pity they didn't let us know Smiley Frustrated

Message 15 of 18
Viffergb
Luminary

@OptimusPrime wrote:

Confirmed: There was a short period on September 9th where there was an issue with the login server. 

Don't you mean October 9th?  How about letting us customers know when such faults occur?

Message 16 of 18
MarcusF
Admin

Date edited doh on my side living in the past it seems.

For alert yes agree we can do better, sorry for inconvenience caused we aim to do better in future

Message 17 of 18
ChrisF99
Aspirant

Glad you aim to do better. In the meantime I lost hours trying to sort it out instead if earning the money I use to buy netgear products.

The lesson I learned is not to buy netgear. Better in future or not.
Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements