Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Limit my ReadyCloud login rights.

Nikolai_RUS
Follower

Limit my ReadyCloud login rights.

Hello!

Please help me to limit my ReadyCloud login rights.

1) I can access my NAS using my "admin" login and password through LAN, which is absolutely fine because I feel confident in my LAN protection. I can grant access to folders, hide them, set read only and etc.

2) However, when I login via ReadyCloud with simple password, which can be even more simply  changed all my restrictions disappear. I see all my hidden (closed to access) folders and what is worst I can delete files through Internet with ReadyCloud account (yes, because it is being treated just like local "admin" user.)

How to make that “key” to disappear from ReadyCloud account picture in users list on NAS and make NAS treat it just as usual “guest” from LAN?

P.S. it is the "root" ReadyCloud login that I wan to limit in rights, becuase it is a weak link in my opinion (please do not offer to create additions online "guest" logins because it will not adress the issue)

Model: RN214D43|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 2
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Limit my ReadyCloud login rights.

Hi Nikolai_RUS,

Welcome to the community.

I do not think there is that kind of option for the admin user. You could try to post this a feature request at our Idea Exchange for ReadyNAS.

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements