Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Moved as directed to ReadyCloud and now no one can access any files

eklugman
Aspirant

Moved as directed to ReadyCloud and now no one can access any files

I have gone to the Internet and read a long dialogue with BrianL of NetGear which ends after many many suggestions with the user thermalpro exapperating and exhausted with the lack of solution with the statement "this should not be this difficult" - when something is this difficult in my 50 years of IT experience it is becuase of poor design or poor document ... I don't have weeks to resolve this issue.... someone must know why the admin user shows only the bulk device WinWinStorage but has no volumes accessible.

HELP !!!

Elliot Klugman, CTO

edk6771@gmail.com

516-398-6560

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100
Message 1 of 5
eklugman
Aspirant

Re: Moved as directed to ReadyCloud and now no one can access any files

Message 2 of 5
eklugman
Aspirant

All my users see the same thing - not just the admin user .... THE CTO, CFO AND COO are particularly joyous that the only way to get their job done is to get in a car and drive for any hour so they can colocate with a device that seems to difficult to understand to most of its user community ... 

Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I understand you have contacted support and have been assisted by them.

Message 4 of 5
eklugman
Aspirant

So yes the technician did provide an answer but it should not cost my company $150 to find out that your software was the problem and that it did not set up the admin user correctly ... the changeover to your new cloud service was at issue .... and no where did Netgear provide guidance or even suggest a solution ... yet the technicial was able to ascertain the problem in about five minutes of looking at the setup and maybe another five minutes to resolve the issue... and while I appreciate the fact that I now have support for a year, I feel like I had a gun to my head and had no choice at resolving your software design issue at my expense.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements