Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear readynas due v2

Chris2912
Aspirant

Netgear readynas due v2

I am trying to get readycloud working with my readynas RND2000 v2 and install apps on it and I figure it out can any 1 help me out please thanks
Model: RND2000v2 (ReadyNAS Duo v2)|READYNAS DUO v2 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 13
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear readynas due v2

@Chris912

Welcome to the Community!

ReadyCloud service is actually available for OS 6 FW only. Unfortunately if you have the Duo which runs on OS 4.x or the Duo V2 that runs on OS 5.3 then ReadyCloud will not be available for it. there should still be apps available for your Legacy NAS. You may want to check on apps.readynas.com or https://rnxtras.com/ for apps.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 13
Chris2912
Aspirant

How can I put fw 5.3 on it can it not upgrade to os 6
Message 3 of 13
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Chris2912

If you don't have OS 5.3 on your Duo then that is a V1. You cannot upgrade the Duo to OS5 or 6 unfortunately. You may want to try using VPN connection instead.

You may want to check on this thread https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/Setting-Up-a-VPN/td-p/1257319

HTH

Regards

Message 4 of 13
Chris2912
Aspirant

how can install apps on my nas box

Message 5 of 13
Chris2912
Aspirant

how do i manage remote access to install the apps

Message 6 of 13
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Chris2912

Please check on this article and page 99 on the manual regarding installation of Addons. Alternatively you should be able to install apps manually from your NAS as well.

Installing the apps requires Admin access, remote access will be possible if you have VPN Connection setup since ReadyCloud is not available.

HTH

Regards

Message 7 of 13
Chris2912
Aspirant

So that's what I have to
Message 8 of 13
Chris2912
Aspirant

Is people are saying is it v1 not v2 can you check which 1 it is please
Message 9 of 13
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi

You will be able to check the difference on both units, please visit this link

How to tell

Regards

Message 10 of 13
StephenB
Guru

@Marc_V wrote:

You may want to try using VPN connection instead.

You may want to check on this thread https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/Setting-Up-a-VPN/td-p/1257319

Another (easier) approach is to get a router that has OpenVPN built in.

Message 11 of 13
Chris2912
Aspirant

How do I sort this out please manage readynas remotely
Message 12 of 13
Sandshark
Sensei

ReadyNAS Remote, which was available for legacy units like yours, has long been discontinued.  ReadyCloud is only for current units and specific older ones that can be updated to OS6.  Yours has the wrong processor type for that update.

One option is to set up a Virtual Private Network (VPN).  Many routers support that to give you remote access to your entire LAN, and that's typically the easiest way to do it, especially for a novice.  There are ways to run a VPN on the NAS itself, and pointers to those methods have already been posted.  Something like a Raspberry Pi can also be used, but that's even more complicated.

Another option is to use something like LogMeIn, RemotePC, GoToMyPC, TeamViewer, or Chrome Remote to remotely access a PC on the same LAN as the NAS and then do "local" admin via that computer accessed remotely. 

To be honest, if you want it all within your NAS, your best option to get remote access to your NAS is to buy a current model instead of a 5+ year old out-of-date one.  One that will run ReadyCloud.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements