Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Network error on readycloud app

skerfoot
Guide

Network error on readycloud app

Firmware 6.9

Readycloud app v1.4

When I try to log in via the ReadyCloud App (v1.4, OSX) I get "Network Error. The ReadyCloud server is not available". I can connect via the web portal, can access the admin page, can find the readynas via the RAIDar etc. The desktop app worked up until recently, and I can't figure out what's changed. I've tried logging in with different cridentials, tried reinstalling the app. No change. 

I set eveything up a while ago and don't remeber what it used to look like. Using the readycloud web app, I don't see my own account under "shared folders", and it won't let me invite my own account to share a folder. I hed to re-add another account that had diasppeared at some point for some reason. I assume that the main account has automatic permission to access all folders?

Any thougts on why the app doesn't work? I've wasted a lot of time on this already and it's probably something dumb. Thanks

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7
dhl
Luminary
Luminary

We're getting the same error. Is ReadyCloud down?

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 10.30.38 PM.png

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 2 of 7
smsuperstrat
Initiate

same problem here.  Using the AC1750 R6400.   Not only that my password was not working and had to reset it.  I'm concerned that they have been hacked.  My ios app hasn't worked since their last update.  I've emailed them all the error codes, as well as  all the screen shots of what happens when trying to use it.  It's been 2 weeks and still nothing.  I'm about to kick Netgear to the curb!

Message 3 of 7
benL98
Aspirant

FW 6.9.0

Same issue with ReadyCloud app for OSX, since most recent firmware update of NAS. iOS ReadyCloud works, though usually requries a "pull down to refresh" when opening, first message is the "can't find any devices" page. 

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 4 of 7
skerfoot
Guide

Still no solution for this and it looks like I'm not the only one. I have no idea how to get the readycloud app working again, and this is critical for me to be able to use the NAS the way I need it to.

Has anyone discovered a fix? I've reinstalled the app, checked every setting I can. I don't have a good understanding of what the ReadyCLOUD server is. Is that my NAS, or is that something at netgear? If the latter, I dont see how I can fix this myself. 

Any thoughts? Or do I have to pay for service to solve this? Doesn't seem right.

Message 5 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi all,

A new version for the Readycloud app for the MacOS has been released on our Readycloud portal. This version has fixed the account sign in issue.

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 7
benL98
Aspirant

Thanks JohnCM_S.

But it didn't upgrade for me from inside the app (v1.4 -> check for updates). Despite trying twice, I was still in v1.4 and could not login. I had to go find it on netgear (https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#readycloud) and install, but at least it seems to be working now.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements