Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No acces for invited person with laptop ("Offline")

HaTa
Aspirant

No acces for invited person with laptop ("Offline")

Hi,

Yesterday I invited my daughter to make use of my NAS.

Only remains Readycloud on her laptop ‘offline’. Acces with her Android smartphone no problem.

Who can help me?

The Nas has a fixed IP address. I personally have no problem in accessing.

Hear from you.

Regards, Hans

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: No acces for invited person with laptop ("Offline")

Hello HaTa,

Is her laptop connected to the same LAN where the NAS is? If so, she should be able to access the NAS shares without using ReadyCloud. Typing \\ followed by the IP address of the NAS in the address bar of Windows explorer should take you to the NAS volume.

If she is usnig a ReadyCloud desktop client, please also make sure it is the latest version. Just click the ReadyCloud icon on the bottom right corner then click Settings then click Check for updates.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
HaTa
Aspirant

Thank you for comment.

She works in the same LAN. Via ‘Network Connection’ in the windows ‘file explorer’ she has a permanent link to the NAS and that works well.
It is indeed the Desktop Client. She works with the latest version.
Therefore, it is so strange. The only difference is that she’s is connected with wireless network in 5 GHz and I with 2.4. But if I use a UTP cable, the problem remains ‘offline’.
I want that she can make connection using the Desktop Client, so she can make automatic backups.

Regards, Hans

Message 3 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello HaTa,

I got confused there. Is she connected wireless at 5.0 ghz when getting the offline problem on ReadyCloud client? Have you tried check if she gets the same problem when you connected her computer via LAN cable and disable the wireless?

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello HaTa,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 7
HaTa
Aspirant

Hi, as I said, I've tried that. But that does not help. Are there any other solutions possible?
Regards, Hans
Message 6 of 7
HaTa
Aspirant

Hi,
If the 5 GHz is the problem, what is the solution there for?
Regards
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements